Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,955   Online: 755

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Photo trips to Russia.

Welcome to Russia!

Russia not so is popular as the country of Asia for photographers. I think, it is connected with an information lack. The majority of people associate Russia with Moscow, the Golden Ring, St.-Petersburg... The few will remember Baikal Lake or Altai. But Russia is much more and is much more interesting.

Various nationalities live in this country. Some of them have kept the most ancient crafts and culture. A separate layer of history and culture - old believes settlements. Besides many monuments of an epoch of the USSR have remained up to now: GULAG, the Transpolar highway, separate cities with architecture of 50-60th years of 20 centuries... The Photographers, who specializing on abandoned places, will find a lot of interesting too - the abandoned factories, mines, military facilities and even the abandoned towns.

Also the main thing, than Russia - unforgettable and various landscapes is rich!

I am ready to answer your questions about travel across Russia. I can advise interesting places, tell about features and complexities etc.

If are you interesting of photo trips to Russia, but you need the help to implement it, then you can pass go to link to learn more: http://photoexpedition.org/travel

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hello ,

As you know Visas between Turkiye and Russia discarded. I am thinking to go to StPetersburg by train from Georgia Border or around.
    First question , is there a open Russia - Georgia border gate which I can pass from land.
    Second question , Is there a train to StPetersburg from this border area or from which city ?
    How much train tickets costs and are they daily or how ?

Thank you ,

Umut
    Istanbul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Given the not so distant war between Russia and Georgia, I wouldn't go that route.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Russia would be amazing.
    I'd like to go there and use a FED to take lots of pictures whilst reading Dostoyevsky and Pushkin.

Alas, I'm poor.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    BWRules ,

I hope everything settles down but I have no information , well 17 April is the first visa free day , people will be on the roads to see russian girls legs They will toss to the borders and there will be big fanfara.

Tomalophicon,

I am poor also , I dont know where you are , oz land or england but you have a big country to travel. I made 3000 kilometers hitchhiking in 3 days and may be you travel by this way.

Let me check the trains , My mother is very upset but I am hoping to reach to an agreement with her this summer.

Thank you ,
    Umut

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Umut, Australia. No amount of hitchhiking can get me to Mother Russia.

Say, what do you mean Visa free day? Can Turks travel to Russia without a visa?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's not getting to Russia that's the problem, it's getting out again.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Tomalophicon ,

Yes , There is no visa to Turks to Russia. You can hitchhike to trade ships , if you can find a ship to singapore , you can go to anywhere. Yes , its difficult but not impossible. Or you can get a license and work at the ships. I have deckhand papers and ship radio operator papers.

But you can go to indonesia and travel 17000 islands and listen live gamelan concerts also.

Best wishes ,

Umut

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Umut,
    Russia - Georgia border gate is open. Control on border more careful only. The name of this border gate is "Kazbegi" or "Verhnij Lars". The nearest railway is located in Vladikavkaz. You can go to http://pass.rzd.ru/ and take all information about russian trains (English interface present)

Wars between Georgia and Russia aren't present. But the North Caucasus which is territory of Russia - dangerous enough place. I advise to came to Russia directly or through Ukraine, if you can.

The hitchhiking is a good way of travel across Russia. You can pass 1000-1400 kilometers for light day in the summer. You should know only a few Russian and at once warn, that you travel a free of charge.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Somehow hitch hiking across thousands of miles of a country where I don't even speak the language with a load of expensive photographic equipment seems to me to be a disaster waiting to happen to both the equipment and myself.
    Ben

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin