Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,174   Online: 861

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Caught up with Robert and Kevin in Ballarat yesterday.

I'd made a day of it and spent the day traversing the countryside taking a few pictures along the way and trying out the AWD capabilities of my newish Subaru. Since I was alone I didn't get too adventurous but I did get it covered in mud It was raining (Robert thinks it had been following him for days) so cameras were left packed and a pub found. Unfortunately I had to drive back to Melb so couldn't have more than a light beer and a Coke. Was keen to develop my film but my wife had other ideas... we had to watch Survivor!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It was nice to meet Robert and Nige in the pub in Ballarat. Pity about the weather, as I was looking forward to trying some Pan F. Robert, I hope it's bright in Bright.
    Robert says hi to everybody, too. He's hoping to find an internet cafe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tell him B&W works very well in poor weather .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    He has some Efke with him, and he says he is going to use it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Actually, Coopers Pale Ale works quite well in poor weather too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LOL! Betcha that goes well with vegemite on vogels.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield
    Actually, Coopers Pale Ale works quite well in poor weather too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    a digicam pic from the trip home
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RIMG2029.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi All,

I just got in this morning at around 1am Honolulu time. It was great getting the chance to meet Kevin and Nige. We had a great time at the pub, Nige was driving, so I got the opportunity to put down a few Coopers Pale Ale. Kevin was kind enough to show us some of his work, which I hope he posts; his stuff is pretty good.

As for the trip. I put on over 4000km, following the Murray River from Albury to Murray Bridge and the Coorong. Then I followed the cost over to Lorne; driving the Great Ocean Road. The weather was not good, overcast and raining, but it did clear up one afternoon when I was at the 12 Apostles; got (hopefully) some great sunset shots there.

After leaving Kevin and Nige, I spent a week in the Bright area. While there I was at Falls Creek - weather was cold 9 C. I went up to Mount Buffalo, but it was terrible. The fires (summer 2003) pretty well destroyed all of the mountain top so the forests were pretty well burned up. After leaving Bright, I returned to Echuca to shoot the sunset along the Murray River, then to Sydney and home.

Great trip. Overall, I managed to shoot 60 4x5 sheets of Velvia, 30+ sheets of Efke PL100 and 10 rolls of 35mm Velvia. It will take a while to get everything processed (especially the B&W), but should have something up in a few weeks time. I'm already planning a return trip, although a trip to New Zealand is coming first - hopefully for my birthday in March (I'll be 50 )

Good to be home,
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome back! Leave a post here whan you've uploaded some shots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like a really good trip Robert. Glad you made it down the Great Ocean Road; I imagine the 12 Apostles will make a fine addition to your portfolio.
    Looking forward to seeing your interpretations.
    Best John.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin