Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,084   Online: 981

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Off to Australia tonight

All,

I've really enjoyed being here on the forum, having just recently joined a couple of months ago. It's a great resource. I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be off to Australia this evening for two weeks of LF photography, so you won't be hearing from me until I return.

For my Australian friends, I will be at the Ballarat Miners Retreat Motel in Ballarat on September 28th (I will go from there to Bright on the 29th). Stop by if it isn't too far and we will share a VB.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have a great and safe trip. I want to see pictures when you return!
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have a great trip Robert. Nice time to go.

all the best, John.

([size=1][font=Comic Sans MS][size=2]beware the 'roo burgers[/size][/font] )[/size]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm a rough chance to meet you in Ballarat. My parents live there. If you PM me I can give you my number.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    and I'm trying to organise it! As weeknights go, Tuesday is the best... so it's a chance!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum
    Have a great trip Robert. Nice time to go.

all the best, John.

([size=1][font=Comic Sans MS][size=2]beware the 'roo burgers[/size][/font] )[/size]
    Thanks John. One of the best part of this trip will be that I will just be going where the "wind takes" me. I have no hotel reservations for the first week (until I arrive in Ballarat on the 28th), I will just go where the light is the best and the scenery looks promising. However, my general plan is to follow the Murray River from Albury to Murray Bridge in SA, the follow the coast over to Otway NP, up to Ballarat and onto Bright in Alpine NP. Don't know about the roo burgers, but I will pass up on the Vegemite (I haven't been to Australia enough to get used to eating it ).
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    have a great trip and even better light.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's a great sounding trip Robert. Travelling without being tooo chained to a schedule is a good way to go, and shouldn't be a problem this time of the year.
    You're going to get some nice scenery - but then I'm sure you planned it that way .

As said by JDC - Good light!
    best, John.

[size=1] Marmite[/size]
    [size=1] Vegemite on Vogels mmmmmmm![/size]
    [size=1]And don't foget the funny hat with the corks tied to it .... [/size]
    [size=1][/size]
    [size=1][/size]
    [size=1][/size]
    [size=1][/size]
    [size=1][/size]
    [size=1]And maybe shoot some B&W!!!! [/size]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yep, at this time of year you'll have no problem finding places to stay, and the light will be right, too. And you really should try the Vegemite. I'll bring some to Ballarat for you.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield
    And you really should try the Vegemite. I'll bring some to Ballarat for you.
    You guys are really going to make sure I get used to it

See you in Ballarat,
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin