Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,137   Online: 885

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    I did not get it , If I am not wrong , We are talking about a desert. May be desert at the seaside ? Why it is left like it ?

Umut
    It's similar to the Dead Sea. A large saline lake without no outlet, in the middle of the desert. Agricultural runoff water is its main source of replenishment except in wet years when mountain runoff (especially from the Whitewater River to the north) recharges it.

I've taken pictures there a few times. It's important to protect equipment if there's much wind. Blowing salt particles get into everything. A cheap Tamron zoom I had sounded like a rock crusher upon trying to focus it after a trip down there.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Also you'll probably never eat Talapia again...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A few shots, (not mine) including one showing Salvation Mountain.

http://blogs.static.mentalfloss.com/...ves/26542.html
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Its a similar place to Death Valley with all purple brown colors of mountains as I read at Ansel Adams Death Valley pictures. Ansel prints sometimes looks more pastel but You know him , it looks like You are there.
    I think industry killed there and its not a shame to a country where animal rights are more important than human rights. Its a place like chernobyl or radiation polluted deserts or oceans.
    But USA is not alone , Russia , India , Chine did the same.
    ı think pictures are discusting and not a place for photography if you have not a mixed mind.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was there in early June 2011, all the really cool stuff in the Desert Beach area is GONE! The yacht club has been "restored' and is now a visitor's center or something. The abandoned hotel and pool are completely paved over.

Maybe there some other cool abandoned spots, but the main attraction is now gone forever.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cfclark View Post
    I've always wanted to go out there, and wondered if it was worth the trouble. On my one trip out to the desert, I got as far as Indio, which for someone raised in the East and now living in LA is a pretty weird place, visually. (No, I did not go for Coachella.)

If anyone in the SoCal area wants to take a photo expedition out to the desert, let me know, I'd be willing to tag along.
    I would like to check out the place,but not till it cools down a little. Let me know when you head out there, I live close by Pasadena, and there are a couple of other local phototogs that would join in also.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin