Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,099   Online: 999

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Buying 120 film in Washington DC area

I'm heading to Washington DC for a couple of days. Can anyone recommend shops which carry 120 film. I usually shoot Ilford Delta 100, Fuji Velvia 100, and either Fuji Pro 160C or Fujicolor Reala 100. Thanks. Best regards, Dan
    _________
    Dan Larsen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Downtown DC... or MD or VA?

There is a Penn Camera on 18th street nearish The White House.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Downtown DC. I am coming into town for a meeting (Wed-Friday), this week. Not so much time to head to MD or VA. I'll check out Penn Camera. Thanks for the recommendation. Best regards, Dan
    _________
    Dan Larsen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is also a Penn on E street (NW) that claims to have a Lab running and also has a rental dept.

I haven't used either of these locations recently so I can't attest to the 120 supply but I'd call from your hotel.

You should come in early for the 4th.
    Crowded but great for shooting especially if you've never been here.

Have a nice stay and be prepared for sauna weather conditions.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Also Pro Photo on 1902 I Street Northwest.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pro-photo-washington
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice work on your site Walter.

I had forgotten about Pro Photo. That place is probably better & older school then Penn if my memory serves me.

I get most all my stuff online these days so sadly I'm not up to speed on good spots for silver based materials.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ProPhoto is a great shop, definitely old school. I recently picked up some Ilford B&W 120 from them. Not sure they have Colour 120, but would not be surprised if they do. They still carry chemicals (dry and liquid) and paper. They repair equipment on site too. They have some nice used gear and some real used gems from time to time, several display cases full of used gear. Older owner who is full of knowledge and polite as well as humble. One of favourite shops.

Penn on E Street is well stocked with 120 film too, better than 18th Street. Some nice used gear too from time to time. Nice people here too.

If your plans change and you find yourself heading up to Baltimore, then you owe yourself a trip to Service Photo. Well stocked with 120 film, great group of people and some nice cases of used gear too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've noticed Service offering some older equipment on the big auction site recently.

Thanks for the info yuri, I need to check that joint out.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Pro Photo is a great shop. The man in the picture on that Yelp link in Walt's post is the owner, Dick Baghdassarian, who has repaired my Hasselblad and done a few odd large format lens mounts for me. I've bought two lenses for it from him on consignment. Much better prices than those gougers at Penn.
    Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks to all for the recommendations. In and around my meetings, I look forward to taking some pictures and visiting Penn Camera (most likely E Street) and Pro Photo. Best regards, Dan
    _________
    Dan Larsen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin