Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,988   Posts: 1,524,070   Online: 1045

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Good stuff. We can't wait to go. We went to Needles and Arches last summer and I only had a Dslr. Now, since getting back into shooting film (mostly bw) I've had to think about more that one cam. I agree about the 645. I only have the one 120 back for it. I have two 220 backs for the SQ (which I shoot 120 in) so I could shoot color too. I also have a good selection of filters. And, I do want to shoot some 135 too for more people/street stuff, if it comes up. I will add a dry bag to the list. I have a couple.

Great story about falling in love at Zion.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Not photo gear, but make sure that you bring a pair of shoes that you can wade up the Virgin river in. This time of year, the water level should be fairly low and you can walk quite a ways up the river very easily. You will need a wide angle lens in there - the canyon walls are very high and close together.
    Dan's website: www.dandozer.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try to plan an extra day to take in a couple of plays at the Shakespeare festival in Cedar City, Utah.

Thanks for all the good advice. Hopefully I'll get a few good photos out of it. Either way it'll be fun.

Cheers,
    Echard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And since this must be one of the most photographed places in the World, be careful not to fall over the tripod davits in the ground
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    White robes, halo, and a harp. Oops, dont forget all the Velvia and Pan f+ in as many formats as you can pack with you.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm actually amazed there are any photons left in places like Arches, Zion, and Lower Antelope. There's a darn good reason why they are photographed so much, and actually, I am even more impressed now when I see something original.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dozer View Post
    Not photo gear, but make sure that you bring a pair of shoes that you can wade up the Virgin river in. This time of year, the water level should be fairly low and you can walk quite a ways up the river very easily. You will need a wide angle lens in there - the canyon walls are very high and close together.
    It's actually been a very mild summer in Utah this year, and water levels are relatively quite high, so those visiting may want to check with each of the park information desks if planning any narrow/slot canyons or water hikes.

I was just at Bryce and the surrounding area last month and shot several rolls through my Bronica SQ-A (mostly bw).

You might also check out Kodachrome State Park, for obvious reasons

Ghost towns too?

I have KodaChrome park on my list. I have to admit I'm not much of a grand landscape person. I love A. Adams and Co. but, I lean more to Winogrand or Friedlander. So, the more crowded (be careful what I wish for) the better. I rarely come away from a vaca with anything other than ok shots. But, I'll try. I've no doubt there will be a fair share of German tourists everywhere, if last years trip to Moab is any guide. If we get our fill of the crowds we'll try to head to the less visited parks.

On a side note: Any Ghost Towns worth looking at?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Navajo Loop trail at Bryce is very popular and most of the hikes and stops along the shuttle route in ZNP should also have plenty of people around. Angel's Landing is spectacular, although a bit less crowded because it's a pretty intense hike.

I'm not familiar with any of the ghost towns in southern Utah.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin