Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,082   Online: 906

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Victoria, B.C.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just spent an awesome day with Rachelle...did some shooting, sight seeing in some of my fave places, and a bbq at a friend's...very enjoyable day and I got to see some of Rachelle's beautiful lith prints in person...what a treat...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...Not to mention seeing many of Kate's wonderful prints as well! What an inspiration!

Victoria was beautiful...I can't believe I've waited so long to visit. Next time will definitely have to spend more time on the island.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Would be great to meet a fellow Ape Hugger - not to mention a fellow Canuck and someone who has experience living in Japan (something I'd love to try sometime).

Glad the trip was fun for all concerned.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've met a few and really enjoyed it..sharing a love of photography with like minded people is so inspiring and motivating....Because most apug people are"old school" with their film, cameras, and processes it can be hard to find people to share that with in your own city or town..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    Would be great to meet a fellow Ape Hugger - not to mention a fellow Canuck and someone who has experience living in Japan (something I'd love to try sometime).

Glad the trip was fun for all concerned.
    The great thing about meeting Rachelle; Colin; was her descriptions of her travels and life in Japan...could have stayed up all night listening...

Ah, Victoria. Love that place and the Island, too. Spent about 6 years there back in the 80's. Hey, Rachelle, where abouts are you in Japan? I lived just south of Fukuoka City, Kyushu (Kurume city) for 12 years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Andrew - I'm in Kumamoto, just south of Kurume (as I'm sure you'll know). I go to Fukuoka quite often, either for flights or shopping, as it is a much larger and more dynamic city than Kumamoto. Haven't really explored much of Kyushu since I moved there last year, but in my previous stint in Japan I spent some time in Kagoshima and Nagasaki.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Kurume is a nice little city. Plenty of temples there. Spent quite a bit of time in Kumamoto city as well. Also spent quite a bit of time photographing at Mt. Aso. Did lots of photography in Omuta, which is right close to Kumamoto border. There a some nice lovely old abandoned coal mines there. I've got some images from a show I did there on my website. Will head there next summer... oooh but don't really care for the humidy then!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin