Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,992   Online: 798

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Victoria, B.C.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Victoria, B.C.

So despite living in B.C. for a year and a half, I never made it to Victoria (or any part of Vancouver Island). But I'll be flying home this weekend from Japan, and rather than my usual layover in Vancouver, I've decided to catch the ferry after my flight on Thursday and spend a few days in Victoria before flying out to see my family on Monday.

I'll have three full days there - Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Of course I'll probably do the usual spectrum of touristy things while there, but I'm interested in any photographic opportunities, in addition to any interesting photo exhibitions going on, that people might suggest.

I'm also willing to do a day trip out of the city, but it has to be accessible by public transportation (or possibly bicycle), as I won't be able to drive with an expired license (which, unfortunately happened while I was here in Japan).

Anyway, I'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rachelle:

You can buy day passes for the transit system in the gift shop on the ferries .

There are so many micro-climates in that area, that you can probably choose between about five different sorts of experiences, not to mention all the historical choices.

I'll see if any of my photographically oriented friends over there have any suggestions and pm you if I get any results.

Photo Bob here on APUG (and BWKate if she should check in) would be great local resources.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just got an email from Rachelle and I have offered to be a photo guide and hang out this weekend..It's so awesome meeting fellow apug people! Looking forward to it...

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have fun Kate (and Rachelle!) Too bad I have commitments here in Nanaimo; I'd come and join you for a day. Three APUG dames and their cameras!! How awesome would that be??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Please go to see (and photograph) the Gnarliest Tree in the Avatar Grove, Port Renfrew, for me. I was in Victoria over a year ago and was prevented from going to see it.

http://www.ancientforestalliance.org...atar-grove.php

I did get to the East Sooke Park and it is excellent. Views across the strait, beaches, vegetation, ... http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=48.33....panoramio.all

See other sites: http://www.vancouverislandparks.com/ (seems incomplete)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Too bad Lillian..that would be so great....next time, eh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah.. East Sooke Park...great idea...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have fun. The weather here is the nicest I have seen all summer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let's see - mooseontheloose and BWKate out together with cameras.

Do you think the subject of IR might come up?

Hope the light is good for you.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rachelle doesn't know I still have some Hie left...won't she be surprised....oh we'll be talking infrared...can't wait to meet her and hope her jet lag won't be too bad..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin