Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,509   Online: 792

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've had a look at плосчад революции and партизанская so far (visited ГУМ and red square last night) and plan to take the ring route to экта-ф to buy more film. And there are a few others I want to see too, mainly for the murals and chandeliers.

Photography is explicitly permitted in the Москва metro, it's St Petersburg that prohibits it.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    You lucky bastard.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Good that it is allowed. Some local friends usually tell me that it is prohibited. Maybe it was earlier.

Mayakovskaja is a beautiful station, on the green line.

Enjoy your stay!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Saw Маяковская today as well as a few others; I plan to do a bit of an outing again tonight once the heavy traffic slows. Kicking myself for not shooting on Sunday night with the really light crowds.

The only photographic restriction in the metro is against tripods (not to mention I just go to the next station if told not to use the tripod) but the guards are really friendly & polite, with none of the power-tripping BS, imagined prohibitions or photo-hysteria we get in the west. In fact, Москва is remarkable for its friendliness and lack of the fear that has been constructed in the west over the last decade; people here start with the assumption that a stranger will help them.

Went to экта-ф, bought 27 rolls of film. It's a tiny apartment-sized store that's better stocked for film than anything in Adelaide and about 1/3 of the price. Couldn't find an Iskra and the second-hand stuff I have seen was about 3x KEH pricing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    In good weather you should go for dinner at the restaurant on the top of this improbable building:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian...my_of_Sciences
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...al_Russia.html
    The restaurant is a little posh, which is very "Moscovian" (don't know how to write such an adjective in English). The panorama over the city is impressive.

I'll be going myself to Moscow in a few weeks, by the way. I never get enough of this city. Your observation is right on spot, people are friendly.

Traffic never slows. It really doesn't.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hah; I had Теремок for dinner

Just passing through Омск now.

Shooter
    35mm
    So jealous!
    Looking forward to your photographs!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I got to Wukesong today and it truly is Santa's warehouse However I only bought a lenscap and 20 rolls; the prices on LF gear were not reasonable.

It was nice to come face-to-face with shelves full of brand (as-)new Linhof & Wista bodies plus shelves loaded with new shrink-wrapped Rodenstock glass. Very little used gear in LF tho and 3x pricier (more than I thought I could haggle them down by) than KEH so I skipped out. Lots and lots of 35mm gear and I saw a shop full of old MF gear (TLRs and RBs, mostly) too.

Finally got an email from a Russian vendor about an Iskra but am no longer in-country so it looks like no (photo) capital acquisitions for me on this trip, probably just as well considering I bought a Raketa Polar watch...

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Are you going to Prague?
    I will be there (again, again) in a weeks time...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was in Prague 2-5/9. China now and back home in about a week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin