Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,506   Posts: 1,543,519   Online: 1020

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I live in Mesa. My son and I drove over to Superior. Not really much there, but it is old and quaint. We have not made it to Globe or Miami to go exploring there.

There are things down in Tucson and north in Sedona and Jerome. A lot depends upon what you are looking for. Tombstone has Helldorado Days. I don't know how much camera work you can do down south in Kartcner Caverns. Bisbee, the old mining town is south of Tucson.

What camera are you using?

Rusty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rulon Leman
    Hey all,
    I recently moved to Mesa in Arizona. I haven't had the chance to do much sightseeing since I've been down here. Anybody from the area know of some good places not to far from the city to go and do some photography?
    ~Rulon
    I would say Rulan, photography starts in the morning at the place where you live. It's maybe the most difficult thing. Seeing the subjects to photograph in your 'each day' envirement.
    It could be even an very fine serie: a day in your life at home, from morning to evening.

Only a thought... :-)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    That is a good idea, unfortunately the day in the life of Rulon consists of a whole bunch of nothing. Maybe when I get a life tho. Haven't had alot to do since I've moved down.
    I use a Nikon N2020
    ~Rulon
    The lamp just sat there, like an inanimate object.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rulon, email me if you want to go out and shoot sometime. I can show you a few places which are interesting. tim

P.S. A cholla cactus is like the "tar baby"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I drove up to Globe yesterday, drove around in the residential area for half an hour till I found the Historical District. It was awesome! There's so much architecture up there. I was taking pictures of the Holy Angels Christian Church which is gorgeous from the outside, when an old guy came out and offered to let me come in and take pictures inside. It was way fun. Unfortunately all the film I had left when I got inside was color, and the lighting wasn't great and my flash is broken, so I don't know how they'll turn out, but I'll post some pics in the critique gallery from what I got outside.
    ~Rulon

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sounds like some of the guys want to go out to "play" (shoot) with you. I sent you a private email yesterday. Just look at the top.

Haven't made it all the way to Globe yet, but I am glad to hear of your discovery. It is fun to scout out some of the dying places where one can discover relics that are still standing.

Now that things are finally cooling off, I am shooting as time and energy allow.

Rusty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two places that I know of just off I-10 are Picacho Peak, a volcanic neck remnant that gives a nice view over the desert and the Casa Grande, the ruins not the town. I'm wondering if that airplane storage area by Tuscon is accesible, that would be a neat shoot.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    That'd be fun to go out shooting with some of you. As I'm a poor youngster I don't have my own car to drive around, but if someone was going to shoot somewhere and wouldn't mind having me along I'd love to come.
    ~Rulon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, that's not fair... talking about all the great places in AZ that my friends and I would visit when I lived there - and before I became seriously involved with photography. You are just trying to make me jealous
    Not fair, not fair at all, I say.
    Rulon, there are some really great suggestions in this thread. If you get the chance, visit them all!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by papagene
    Hey, that's not fair... talking about all the great places in AZ that my friends and I would visit when I lived there - and before I became seriously involved with photography. You are just trying to make me jealous
    Not fair, not fair at all, I say.
    Rulon, there are some really great suggestions in this thread. If you get the chance, visit them all!

gene
    I sometimes miss living in Arizona, so I recently subscribed to Arizona Highways - which, BTW, has a policy of not accepting images taken on digital cameras.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin