Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,767   Online: 836

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Anyone used Dickerman Prints in San Francisco for developing C41 recently?

I'm going to be in SF for a mini-vacation soon and I'm planning on bringing some 5x7 C-41 film with me. I'd like to avoid bringing it home un-processed if possible. I know LightWaves does brilliant work, but at $6/sheet, I'd like to save some money if possible. I saw Dickerman Print does C-41 sheet film at $5 a sheet, which is a meaningful savings. They had really good reviews on Yelp for their digital printing services, but nary a comment on their wet lab work. If anyone here has any insight to offer, it would be much appreciated!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Scott- How many sheets do you think you'll expose? Even if you shoot 40 sheets, your savings will only be $40. If you're happy with LightWaves, I'd stick with them. Compared to the cost of 5x7 sheet film, saving $1 per sheet could prove to be a false economy...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've never used LightWaves, or any of the labs out there for that matter. I don't know how many I'll shoot - not more than 50 for sure. That's a good point about the false economy - if someone screws up the film, there's zero savings there.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I don't know about Dickerman but can certainly attest to LightWaves great work, I've used them for years. Bonus is Gamma, a great b&w lab directly above them.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin