Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,354   Posts: 1,682,609   Online: 960

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Michael Raso, creator and host of the Film Photography Project (FPP), has himself bought old cameras containing forgotten film and processed it, and has shared those results on the FPP website and/or Facebook page.

FPP is at www.filmphotographyproject.com

Dieter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I enjoy the mystery of old film in old cameras I find. Sometimes it will frustrate me to see a camera on ebay where the seller opens the back to show you that it still has film in it. duh.
    I made an album on my page called 'Ghosts in the Camera' where I've posted pictures developed from old rolls in old cameras. Fun stuff. (a little creepy too.)

https://optiken.shutterfly.com/pictures/35

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    When I purchased a Canon Photura from Goodwill on a lark for $5, imagine my chagrin to pop it open to install the battery and find film in there. (You can open just the battery compartment, but it's less fiddly to pop the whole bottom open, and with a digital counter and no juice, there was no indicator there was film inside.)

Unfortunately, I was standing right under a bright light fixture and stood blinking stupidly at my find plenty long enough to make it not worth trying to salvage anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    too creepy for me. I don't want to know what's on there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've always been fascinated by old photographs. What would be exciting for me, would to be able to reunite the images with the families.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    35mm
    I once bought a Brownie that had a roll of film inside. Once developed it contained an air show from the 1950s and motorcycle scrambling (early motocross). It makes you wonder why the camera stayed in the drawer for the next thirty years. The possibilities are endless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are privacy issues here and probably legal ones, like putting pictures of other peoples children and long dead relatives on the internet, and making a book of them and selling them, I find the whole thing most distasteful .
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    There are privacy issues here and probably legal ones...
    Heck, with my luck, I'd send the roll off only to find out that it had pictures of some awful criminal activity on it for which I'd somehow be accused.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a collection of exposed rolls from various cameras. When I found out you could crossprocess c41 with B&W chemistry, I gave them a go, but nothing came out (except with one I had exposed myself).

I just save them to practice loading film into SS reels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin