Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,710   Online: 738

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Worker 11811 View Post
    Wellbutrin
    My wife has been taking it for years. As far as I'm concerned it's one of the wonders of the modern world.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One major factor to consider about using drugs is that a large portion of the effect that a person feels after taking them is based on what the person expects to happen.

Yes, the major classes of drugs (stimulants, depressants and hallucinogens) do cause a predictable effect but, above that, the user's experience with that drug is mostly determined by what he believes will happen. Alcohol is a depressant but, because many people associate drinking with going to wild parties, people often become more excited when they drink. (Up to a certain point when the alcohol starts knocking them out.)

These people of the Amazon have a long cultural experience with the drugs they use and they know what to expect when they take them. If you took those drugs, you would not be able to predict how they would affect you because you have no experience taking them. You have no idea what to expect when you take them.

So, instead of enhancing your abilities these drugs might hinder you. They might stimulate you and make you more alert but they might make you so shaky you can't hold the camera still. They might make you sick. Not to mention the fact that they might kill you.

The bottom line is that, regardless of what anybody tells you, taking an unknown drug is like rolling dice. You don't know what could happen. You could roll a seven and win on the come-out or you could roll a twelve and crap out.

You'd be better off drinking a beer or smoking a joint.
    "So, instead of enhancing your abilities these drugs might hinder you." As in becoming seriously dead. They may have built up a tolerance for the poison.

You'd be better off drinking a beer or smoking a joint.
    Deal me in!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin