Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,268   Posts: 1,534,353   Online: 831

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace Cox
    Also, the majority of people here are supposed to be shooting black and white, not gray and white.
    Hmmm...Not my fault...you used all the black in your "Voir Dire" photographs...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    p.s.: "Voir dire" isn't a Latin term, as you have it on your website. It comes from the Anglo-French legal lexicon derived from the Old French, and though lawyers are known to mistranslate it as if it were from modern French meaning "to see-to speak," in its original context it means "to speak truly."
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Images
    Judge not lest ye be judged yourself. Your photos are not much to write home about , neither are mine for that matter. But I am not tossing stones.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    WOW, and I gotta go to Milwakee with her Saturday!
    "EVERY film and paper is good .......... for something"
    Phil Davis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The subject matter of a photograph is not directly proportional to the worth of the photograph, only to the appeal of the photograph. (That's about it for faux profunditity from me for the day. )

Why bother looking at the galleries? I seldom go there, mainly because I just don't like the format of viewing photographs on the equivalent of a TV screen. Since I know I won't find much to bring joy to my heart, I just avoid the whole affair.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepry
    WOW, and I gotta go to Milwakee with her Saturday!
    LOL...aww men, you are in for it, remember you are one of those "waterfall" guys...what is the matter with you? have you no creativity???

BTW, is it ok if I post pictures of a convent? at least it is not a church....but they are interiors...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    LOL...aww men, you are in for it, remember you are one of those "waterfall" guys...what is the matter with you? have you no creativity???

BTW, is it ok if I post pictures of a convent? at least it is not a church....but they are interiors...
    Are the Nun's dressed?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Seriously, I don't think Grace is tossing stones, rather she has, I believe, formulated an opinion and posted it. I too, see a repitition and that has been both good and bad for me. Good because it has forced me to think a little harder and too try and come up with things maybe a little different. Bad because I do tire of the repitition I'm starting to see posted in the various galleries. I think this could be a good wake up call for all of us. I like to have my creativity challenged and that is a good thing. I know when I view the MAM on Saturday I'll be looking at it from another angle.
    "EVERY film and paper is good .......... for something"
    Phil Davis

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Are the Nun's dressed?
    LOL.....no nuns, only Friars....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Are the Nun's dressed?
    do you really want to know, or are you just saying that OUT OF HABIT?

Punography is still legal
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin