Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,183   Online: 1086

Page 1 of 15 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Can't take it anymore

No offense to anyone in particular, but I can't take seeing one more waterfall, landscape, church interior, dog portrait, or nudes posted in the galleries. We are supposed to be a community of creative artists. How come everyones images are starting to look the same. It's depressing. Also, the majority of people here are supposed to be shooting black and white, not gray and white. If you want grey images, stick with Wal-Mart or Wal-greens processing and save yourself the trouble of scanning and posting.
    How very much do they err who consider the absence of order and method as implying greater liberty or removing a sense of restraint! C. Elizabeth Tonna

http://www.81x.com/Litebox/Grace_Cox_Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Goodness.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace Cox
    No offense to anyone in particular, but I can't take seeing one more waterfall, landscape
    Sorry Grace, but landscapes are all I do. I do it because I love the beauty of the world that we live in, and I do it as a means of sharing that beauty with others. I work almost exclusively in color.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I promise--no dog portraits from me!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    No offense to anyone in particular, but I can't take seeing one more waterfall, landscape, church interior, dog portrait, or nudes posted in the galleries. We are supposed to be a community of creative artists. How come everyones images are starting to look the same. It's depressing. Also, the majority of people here are supposed to be shooting black and white, not gray and white. If you want grey images, stick with Wal-Mart or Wal-greens processing and save yourself the trouble of scanning and posting.

Hmmmm. As someone who has made a large number of "cookie cutter" images. I applaud you and your viewpoint. Well stated and I agree.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No offense to anyone in particular, but I can't take seeing one more waterfall, landscape, church interior, dog portrait, or nudes posted in the galleries. We are supposed to be a community of creative artists....
    Analogue PHOTOGRAPHY Users Group... not Art Forum... I like photographing churches, I find it relaxing. If you don't like those kind of photographs, don't look at them.
    Personally I like to see the same subjects from different photographers. It is interesting and educational to see how they put their individual stamp on similar subjects.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I say .. steady on old girl

maybe the grey thing is a problem with your monitor ...? most of the pics here seem to have good black to white tones on my screen.

woof woof

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    Personally I like to see the same subjects from different photographers. It is interesting and educational to see how they put their individual stamp on similar subjects.
    Exactly!!! Just today I saw a color image taken in China, "Morning Mist on the Lake." This image makes me extremely jealous; I wish I could do an image as well as this one.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Feeling better now Grace?It not what you interrupt, but how you interrupt
    it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Jacobs
    Goodness.
    Mae West; "Goodness had nothing to do with it".
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Shooter
    35mm
    We are supposed to be a community of creative artists.
    And once again I find cause to wonder if I'm in the right community. I'm not a creative artist. I am a photographer. Plain and simple. I capture reality, hopefully in a pleasing way. Hopefully I can bring something to people that they wouldn't otherwise see or even notice. It's not my aim to be artistic in my endeavor.

But never mind that. What, may I ask, are we supposed to be photographing if landscapes, waterfalls, dogs, churches, dogs, nudes, children, flowers, birds, rocks, trees, cars, everything under the sun and the moon, has become redundant and boring?

Art is not everything. Reality has a place in life as well. Each photographer should be focused on bringing themselves into their photographs - whether that be to present a message in an artistic or realistic form, whether it be to just share what they see and the way they see it.

The only rule here, that I'm aware of, is "no digital" ...

Page 1 of 15 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin