Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,741   Online: 1034

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    My father was a part time wedding photographer who spent a lot of his spare time in the evening just looking at his cameras and cleaning them (or so it seems). I got interested but wasn't allowed to touch them. One of my early memories is of my mother showing me the reversed image in the viewfinder of a Rolleiflex (whilst my father was out!).

When I was ten years old, I was given an Agfa Isolette. My first task was to photograph my aunt's wedding, which I did, produced a perfectly exposed set of twelve prints, all cutting off the subjects' heads!

Steve.
    Okay... that awesome!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got engaged to my wife when I was 23 years old. At the time her brother was doing wedding photography as a side job. I started helping him in the darkroom. He would bring 5-7 films from the wedding on Sat night that we had to develop and make the contact prints so the customer can order on Sun. We would start the work on prints in the darkroom (his kitchen) on Sun evening and finish around 3-4 AM Monday morning.
    At 6:30AM we would go to work like nothing happened.
    I was doing the second hand paying attention to the process until one day I got my first camera (a cheap plasticky Smena 4) and took my first nice family picture. I still have that framed on my wall today. That hooked me for life.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin