Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,759   Online: 1059

Thread: Phototherapy

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Phototherapy

I've been having a very annoying time with my computer (and computer techs) lately. Trying to introduce an Apple toy into the mix and it is NOT going well. After many hours over many days on the phone with techs I had a frozen computer, and an apple device not living up to the hype. Paid the bucks to have a tech come to the house. The computer is now unfrozen. I'm terrified to try to sync anything onto the device for fear of making another mess. And to top it all off, while my computer is now working the tech somehow managed to lose ALL my contacts and re-install an address book that is 7 years out of date. We're talking business and personal, probably 400-500 contacts. AND he managed to erase the contacts (maybe 50 or so) I'd put into the new itoy, and fill it with 350 contacts from the 7 year old list. Apparently, I have the choice of deleting them one by one, or buying an app that will let me do it quicker.

You can imagine I was in an extremely snarly mood when Mr. Unhelpful left today. Enter PHOTOTHERAPY! I shot a roll of medium format for the MSA, developed that roll, some 8x10 film that's been waiting for attention and made a couple of prints. I had other plans for my day off, but was in much to foul a mood to be around any human beings. I'm better now, though still choked. Phototherapy stopped me from smashing the computer, or committing any other murderous acts.

Thank heavens I'm not a digital photographer!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I can sympathize. One more reason for me not to go digital. I spend my days (and make my living) using/configuring computers, and I'm quite happy to do anything else not involving them for my leisure time.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I can sympathize. One more reason for me not to go digital. I spend my days (and make my living) using/configuring computers, and I'm quite happy to do anything else not involving them for my leisure time.
    well said!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's at the very core of why I dislike digital photography to the degree that I do; it's dealing with so much shit that has nothing to do with photography.
    The second aspect, which Laurent so wonderfully states - I sit on my rear end in front of a computer screen 80% of my work time. Now why would I want to do that when I'm enjoying my time off work? That's probably the part of it that's the biggest detriment to me - to do more of what I do at work. Just dust spotting scans of prints drives me crazy.

It's nice to hear of the photo therapy. The other day I had a rough day at work, and when I got home I realized I had forgotten to stop by the grocery store, so I had to head out again. To 'calm myself' I loaded the camera with a roll of HP5+ (to be prepared if Tri-X stops appearing), and went to take some pictures before doing anything else, and it worked! Totally relaxed me, and even though I'm yet to develop the film, I enjoyed myself a lot.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    It's nice to hear of the photo therapy. The other day I had a rough day at work, and when I got home I realized I had forgotten to stop by the grocery store, so I had to head out again. To 'calm myself' I loaded the camera with a roll of HP5+ (to be prepared if Tri-X stops appearing), and went to take some pictures before doing anything else, and it worked! Totally relaxed me, and even though I'm yet to develop the film, I enjoyed myself a lot.
    It's something I try to practice more and more. Bringing a camera on my business trips and getting half an hour to find photographs every day is a great morale booster. Doesn't always work but even simply looking at possible photographs is usually a good way to start my day.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    The opposite would be the so called British expression I guess, a "busman's holiday". Vocation and vacation combined.

I can see how it may not be the greatest way to relax.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin