Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,480   Online: 1048

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    What do you mean copied? How do you know they were copied? Who would "copy" them hundreds of times. And what did all these people do with them?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It can also be indexing spiders, showing up as "copy", like google cache etc.

Must been some helluva photos to be copied that much so fast though
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I only had the photograph up for 48 hours, then I checked and discovered that I had been copied over 200 times.
    If I look at an image on a website, my computer will temporarily download a copy of it. This shouldn't be a problem as the reason for putting images on a website is for people to look at them on their computers.

It's only when they start uploading them to other places that it becomes a problem.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    If I look at an image on a website, my computer will temporarily download a copy of it. This shouldn't be a problem as the reason for putting images on a website is for people to look at them on their computers.

It's only when they start uploading them to other places that it becomes a problem.

Steve.

i agree steve ...
    that is the difference between looking at an image / " personal use "
    and someone either hotlinking your image to their website, or ebay selling page
    or an ad agency snatching an image off of flickr or wherever it might be hanging out
    and using it in an ad campaign. there are digital watermarks ( like digimark )
    that allow photographers and painters &c to embed a homing device
    into the image to track where and how it is being used.

i have had trouble in the past with a very large and well known real estate developer
    retaining my work ( without paying for it ) and publishing it without my consent. as you said
    that it a lot different than a photograph of cute puppies, or a slick cityscape, or hollowbody telecaster
    someone found on flickr and has on his/her computer in their rotating screen saver.

john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin