Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,605   Online: 816

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Memory.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The emotions and feelings one has seeing a beautiful landscape or a sunrise will always be powerful and no print can ever match it. Any picture any one can make of such event is just an interpretation therefore subjective.
    If I have the right camera at hand I always sacrifice the contemplation and try to focus on making a good picture. I'm in a continuous race in outdoing myself in everything I do. I try hard to improve and learn from my mistakes.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    35mm
    Channeling my inner Yogi Berra... the thing is, you never have a memory you didn't have. You can't regret a memory - it's there. You can regret doing, or not doing something but you're not regretting a memory. I do however regret not taking more pictures, especially at certain points in my life. Sometimes there's no real memory associated with a photo. I have a self portrait in a fort in Halifax that I don't have the foggiest memory of. Yet there I am sitting on this cannon. Don't rely on memory. Like a badly fixed print, it'll only be with you for so long.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So far, my memory appears to be excellent. (my wife may differ...) However, I don't so much take pictures to remind me of what I saw. Rather, I take them to share with others the things I saw, or how I felt about what I saw. Most often my memory captures a much more favorable image of the scene, than does my camera.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.790882,-90.481092

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Pictures are my way of telling a story, writing a poem, drawing, painting, it’s my way to let the artistic side sail. My art happens to be telling stories/ provoking though. The places I photograph, or the people, have something to say and I show it through my expression.

Images
    Every time I process a sheet or get a roll back from the processor I think "That is not what I remember."
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    I photograph the experience, not the memories. I am not out there to record, but to gather all the elements of my experience in a place and distill it into a photograph through the magic of light.

I photograph to slowly teach myself to see better. So it does not bother me too much to see and not to photograph.

Using an 8x10, I wander in the landscape. Only when all the elements come together do I set the camera up. The camera does have an influence on me, but I am not looking through it to find images.

Vaughn
    True That!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin