Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,913   Posts: 1,556,260   Online: 867

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe it was simply a cheap way for a struggling business to cut costs (pure speculation of course). Bearing in mind how much 'news' is syndicated in the modern world, perhaps there is less and less scope for having your own staff.

And I did'nt read any quotes from the gentleman himself. Seems a little one sided to me.
    The Bee has sent 400 workers home in the last four years or so of layoffs, they don't need excuses. And stories I read indicated they tried to reach the photographer for comment, unsuccessfully. Bottom line, he knew he was in the wrong and was treated appropriately.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by billbretz View Post
    Rollieman - Yo, you are in the UK, right? Not only do youse guys not speak proper English in England, your ethics are totally screwed up. In the US we tawk properly and don't allow the manipulations you might have found common place. Okay, joking about the language part but serious about the ethics, except that UK press ethics are not screwed up, they are just different in a lot of aspects. Acceptance of staging and manipulation of "news" images is absolutely highest on the list (don't get me starting on cell call and voice mail hacking!) of transatlantic differences we share.

Yep, I'm UK based...and there was me thinking the only language differance is the way we pronounce "tomato"...ha ha.........As for the ethics bit, many here believe one word sums up the fall from grace..........Murdoch.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    And way before that, newspaper archives are full of prints that have been painted on and over, with airbrush and otherwise. Most of what I've seen was done to improve definition or to separate subject from background, but I did see a baseball moved closer to the batter in a sports pic, it didn't fit the crop they wanted, which was still there in grease pencil, as was the original baseball as it was captured on the neg. I think in some ways ethical codes have become more strict, or at least more clearly defined.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    See the other link on that page: 'Churches fight over holy foreskin'...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    I think in some ways ethical codes have become more strict, or at least more clearly defined.
    Where it came from and when it entered American journalism, I have no idea. 19th century papers were usually organs for one political party or another with as much or more twisting of truth and outright lying as inflicts us from cable TV and the web now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    See the other link on that page: 'Churches fight over holy foreskin'...
    The rings of Saturn!?!? Wow, I guess size really does matter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's a response by a reader I think.
    http://www.sacbee.com/2012/02/05/424...-pactrick.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Were any brain cells engage by the letter writer in the writing of the letter?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Were any brain cells engage by the letter writer in the writing of the letter?
    Always a debatable question on the internet!
    http://www.theonion.com/video/braind...-and-te,27225/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Reading those comments it seems like some people want it both ways. They complain about distortions in verbal (TV) and written news reporting while at the same time defending what the photographer did. No wonder our leaders seem so confused!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin