Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,145   Online: 1006

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

On the edge of frame/time

Today I decided to go for a walk for a few hours with my camera. I probably took about 15 shots, which in most cases included people forming elements within the compositions. It felt at times as though I was just on the edge of what I was trying to achieve within frame/time, as though it was just out of reach, almost as if it was merely playing with me. I am not complaining, as I enjoyed the walk and probably got one or two shots I may print, but do others sometimes get that sense of on the edge of getting just the shot they wanted? Perhaps by using the word wanted I’m answering my own question. Am I making sense?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cliveh, not sure if I got the right understanding of the topic. What I do is I go out, take a camera, go to the location and let the subject come to be, reveal itself.
    I try to look at the scene from every angle and compose in my mind so I can tell the story. If I'm not inspired I don't shoot (I may have a bad day or the subject is not as interesting as I thought).
    I don't take pictures because I decided to do so when I left home - every time I tried that it didn't work.
    I take pictures because I'm impressed by what I see. If you look carefully there are lots of intersting subjects all around us.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is that why it's important to photograph every day, to get 'in the flow', instead of just being on the edge?
    regards,

Tony

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin