Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,260   Online: 1156

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    I always want to live a simple life , like an shepherd in the mountain , an villager at the village but my life is more complex. I did not take a single picture to be applaused by the others. Keith , reread what you are talking about.
    Haa, Mustafa, If you were to be a shepherd in the mountain you would be John Muir. Your insights and unique take on the world open the doors for others.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "I'm an artist. I don't take pictures, I make them."
    At the crux of it all is that I use whatever I have the experience and skill at using, and what is best suited to me and the end product.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by papagene View Post
    Great answer!!
    Just to make it clear... I know the ceramics teacher fairly well so that joke was taken in the humor it was intended to be.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott View Post
    Tell them that Kodak's film sector increased by 20% last year. And who wouldn't prefer a home cooked meal to McDondalds?

I was way too busy with photography yesterday (apart from being busy keeping dry!) and had MacDonalds while drying Pentaximus! No crime to give the kitchen a miss after a day of dodging drama. So, you can have your cake and eat it too...
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    +1

This isn't a question of right or wrong, good or evil, etc. It's about using the medium that helps you do what you want to do.
    +1 ... EXACTLY

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott View Post
    Tell them that Kodak's film sector increased by 20% last year. And who wouldn't prefer a home cooked meal to McDondalds?
    And this year? 100% DOWN!? Kodak is DEAD.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have been known to ask them " do you enjoy sex and travel ?, and when they say they do I tell them to " f**k off ".
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh Benji... I just laughed when drinking my coffee, making a mess. And I blame you for it.

I agree with tkamiya - don't make such a big deal out of it. It's a camera, and pictures come out the other end. Just be thankful that you had the presence of mind to think critically about what gets your creative juices flowing, instead of just being like everybody else, a norm.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    i usually tell them my phone is a 8year phone
    My only phone has a wire and it plugs into a socket on the wall.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    My only phone has a wire and it plugs into a socket on the wall.
    The theater I work in is a multi-purpose venue. We show movies and live, stage shows.
    I always get people who come in to give lectures or play concerts who ask for wireless microphones. My stock answer is, "The best kind of wireless microphone is the kind you plug in."
    People don't believe me until they start to go out of range of the receiver, the batteries go dead or they get interference on the frequency the transmitter is set to. Try as I might, there is just no way to prevent these problems 100% of the time. When you use a wireless mic, that's just the way the game is played.

People still demand to use the wireless and, every once in a while, the mic still goes bad.

That's right about the time I come walking on stage, carrying a regular wired microphone, and hand it to the speaker.

I just smile and don't say anything...
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin