Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,816   Posts: 1,581,635   Online: 866

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Film Formats

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    There used to be monitors made mainly for desktop publishing (remember that?) that swiveled to vertical orientation or horizontal, as desired, along with video drivers that adjusted to suit. I haven't seen even a photo of one in years. Seems like a good idea for some things, like editing vertically formatted images.
    They are still being made: http://www.amazon.com/HP-W2207-22-in.../dp/B000OK6T9W
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can't say I care at all for circular/oval format.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I currently buy all my film from Rubbermaid and stretch it to fit any aspect ratio I wish.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    I saw them too! Think they were in a blurb "book", or maybe the latest View Camera magazine I flipped through last week? Can't find them now. They were beautiful.

--

I feel like the horizontal wide format is being thrust upon us by monitors and TV's.

Vertical shots just don't look good on electronics (merely because they get shrunk to fit so they become "tiny" in comparison). So if verticals were rare before... I am sure they are even more rare today.

With some googling I found the site I had seen recently seen with the circular photos I liked (I think it was linked on the LFPF.) I think it was in a post about a View Camera magazine article:

Sam Wang:

http://btzs.org/Gallery/SamWang/

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    I currently buy all my film from Rubbermaid and stretch it to fit any aspect ratio I wish.
    Rubbermaid -- isn't that a brand of English condoms?
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    With some googling I found the site I had seen recently seen with the circular photos I liked... I think it was in a post about a View Camera magazine article:

Sam Wang:
    Yes, that's it - text by Sandy King. So I did see it in the View Camera magazine.

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    Holy God! DREW actually made an attempt at humor!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin