Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,765   Posts: 1,484,074   Online: 980

Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Lewis Carroll's Photographs

The photographs of Charles Lutwidge Dodgson often depict pictures of little girls and in particular we know of his fondness for Alice Liddell. In conversations with fellow photographers/public, I sometimes hear the comments that he had leanings to pedophilia. As far as I know there is no evidence to support this and I would like to think he just had the slightly naive innocence of a somewhat deranged mathematics lecturer. Any thoughts?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    I can see why hysterical 21st century people, mentally damaged by constant negative media bombardment, would think he would be a pedo.

His photos are brilliant; I love the fantastical romanticism most of them seem to convey.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Someone is out to prove us wrong though - Maybe Carroll himself!
    Not a bad job if it was pre-digital. Hint: look at the girl on the right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1859 Edith, Lorina and Alice Liddell (blog).jpg   tumblr_l5iapiSoOy1qc4etzo1_500.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is no evidence of him being deranged. Shy, for sure, and perhaps a bit immature (sexually and relationship-wise)... but a proven genius in mathematics and story telling.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    Hint: look at the girl on the right.
    ... add a little tongue action and you've got a real nasty image!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    There is no evidence of him being deranged. Shy, for sure, and perhaps a bit immature... but a proven genius in mathematics and story telling.
    Sorry, I meant slightly deranged in the genius sense of the word.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, in that sense of the word I'd agree. "Deranged" is a word narrowly interpreted (as I just did) like the word "ignorant" -- which simply means uninformed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BTW, have you seen his nudes? There are only 3 remaining. The rest were destroyed (by him, I believe) because of paedophilic accusations (or implications).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The question I ask myself is, if I had a female child would I let him anywhere near her, and the answer is an emphatic no.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    He is very clear about about his interests in his letters (booys are ugly, girls over 12 are not interesting but young girls are) but there is no recorded evidence that he ever turned thoughts into actions.

There are more than three of his nudes preserved but I don't remember the exact number. He destroyed a lot of them himself as stated above.

A creepy guy without a doubt and he was forbidden to see Alice Liddel for unknown reasons (probably just for being creepy and visiting a lot).
    His letters are interesting reading, and you can try some Sylvie and Bruno if you want to know what he wrote apart from the books about Alice (don't be surprised if you don't finish it, it's crap)

Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin