Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,032   Online: 785

View Poll Results: PLAYAHZ AND HAYTAHZ

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scanned prints only, no digtial manipulation other than sizing

6 4.51%
  • Scanned prints only, potentially with some GLOBAL adjustments to contrast and levels

26 19.55%
  • Scanned prints or negatives, no digital manipulation like spotting or local tweaking

18 13.53%
  • Scanned prints or negatives, electronic tweaks okay but only if they'd be easy to duplicate in the wet darkroom

46 34.59%
  • Scanned prints or negatives,, electronic tweaks okay but only if they could be duplicated by a skilled darkroom artist, e.g. Jerry Uelsmann

7 5.26%
  • No big deal, images are images, but since it's APUG I expect that there must be SOME analog componenet to a pic, or I'm likely to put the poster on my ignore list

12 9.02%
  • I like pitchurs and don't care how you got em

18 13.53%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What really surprised me were how many voted for the last two choices!!
    Is there anything donuts can't do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandalay
    What really surprised me were how many voted for the last two choices!!
    most voters are from the usa. Did you catch the election results from Nov 2?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    most voters are from the usa. Did you catch the election results from Nov 2?
    Is that why you have egg on your face?

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd vote but I can't be sure what is meant by some of the options - "global adjustments to contrast and levels" "spotting . . . local tweaking . . . wet darkroom" "tweaks ok . . . skilled darkroom artists". I don't know what "levels" are. I don't know what is meant by "tweaking". I don't know what is meant by "local" and "global".

I vote for scanning prints and negatives with a mininmal amount of PS - to make a scanned print more closely resemble the print and correcting the loss of detail that seems to be evident in scanning either negs or prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anyte
    I'd vote but I can't be sure what is meant by some of the options - "global adjustments to contrast and levels" "spotting . . . local tweaking . . . wet darkroom" "tweaks ok . . . skilled darkroom artists". I don't know what "levels" are. I don't know what is meant by "tweaking". I don't know what is meant by "local" and "global".

I vote for scanning prints and negatives with a mininmal amount of PS - to make a scanned print more closely resemble the print and correcting the loss of detail that seems to be evident in scanning either negs or prints.
    Although I'm pretty sure I'm on your ignore list, there's no reason for you to remain ignorant of these terms so here goes.

Global - the entire image area - eg adjusting contrast of the whole print and not just one location. You are for this.

Local Tweaking - the opposite of global eg dodging and/or burning on area - you'd be against this

Spotting - getting rid of spots of dust or dirt - can do this on the print or scan. You might oppose this.

Levels - in PS the entire white to black spectrum is divided into 3 broad levels white, grey and black. You can adjust them seperately. You'd be against this as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PS you'd be in the 2nd or 3rd category.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After NOvember 2nd, I'm amazed I'm in the majority about anything at all.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I voted, but the options don't quite reflect my feelings: "Scanned negative, print or tranparency with only global brightness/contrast and spotting"...

Incidently, what about scanned prints that were printed to dot-matrix via PS?....

<Insert HM Queen Elizabeth II accent>

"Ay herebye declarrr thyss can of worms aypen"...

<End accent>

Cheers, Bob.

Images
    Interesting poll. just one question, am I a PLAYAH or a HAYTAH?
    hi!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lipka

Yes, fellow APUGGERs, what is of great concern to me is not the digital content of posts in the galleries, but that our avatars do not truly represent what we look like. So many of our members look like cameras, or chemical bottles.

I know that I look like my avatar. This is an issue that we need to address as a forum...
    Wait,so I'm not a falling to pieces ruin with a whole in the middle and a bunch of vines tangled all over the top of me....
    "An object never performs the same function as its name or its image"-Rene Magritte

"An image of a dog does not bite"-William James applied to photography

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin