Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,668   Posts: 1,481,744   Online: 861

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    Finde her again and tell her you are giving her two of the best books she'll ever read if she needs to pursue her profession with success. 1. "Getting to Yes" and 2. "Emotional Intelligence"

For any two parties "win/win" beats "win/lose" or "lose/lose"

pentaxuser

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just happened at this wedding the groom was a front row forward for the Manly rugby league team, as were the groomsmen.....long story short....they had a fruitful discussion and the money hungry gent decided that this spot was no good for fishing anyway!
    Sorry, I'll have to side with the fisherman here. Groom sounds like an asshole.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    lap top plugged in and a dog on a leash ...
    i am sure 10 minutes wasn't really that much time to loose
    i can understand you were cranky because of her bossiness
    but its only a few minutes ... it isn't like she was shooting a
    documentary film ...\\

i probably would have turned you into a shrub, much easier than dealing
    with people who don't move ...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I was working. Why is her work more important than mine? This is EXACTLY the same as if I walked up to her while she was shooting, and asked her to leave immediately so I could use the spot to write, something which I would never do. Today some people came by and were taking pictures of another couple, and I happily moved a few feet without even being asked, to remove myself from their frame. But shut down my computer, pack up my notebooks that are sprawled about, put my laptop back in its case, untie my dog and and move for a pushy person who thinks she is entitled? I'll never do it again. I've also been paid for photography so I'm a professional photographer too, and I would never act entitled to a public place.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Pay for a limited access site? No problem..
    Along that line, why after 2000 some odd posts you still refuse to kick in and help support APUG?

Gary, you're all talk and no action.
    Let me ask you something. If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?

- Anton Chigurh

Shooter
    Large Format
    Personally if someone came up to me and was THAT rude to me, I would just say "no", stand my ground and go back to what I was doing. If she would have asked politely, I would have moved no problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't believe nobody has asked this yes....was she cute?

Usually when people ask me to move or are in a spot I want to photograph, I just pull out my handgun and blow a hole in their chest. I find it gets the point across quite nicely.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Being a photographer does not give her the right to be rude. I think there's an overall decline in manners. People seemed more self-absorbed these days. Could be just me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looking at it from the outside with no knowledge of the real facts and knowing nothing about any persons involved I'll offer only my diluted/generic/useless opinion. About half the population sucks. I'll say this though... public ground is public... it belongs to all of us and none of us... if we want to sit at a popular spot with limited space for hours then we should expect someone to ask us to GTFO. On the other hand... if we've only had a limited time someplace then others should respect our right to be there and wait for awhile.
    Last edited by Old-N-Feeble; 05-07-2012 at 08:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I was working. Why is her work more important than mine? This is EXACTLY the same as if I walked up to her while she was shooting, and asked her to leave immediately so I could use the spot to write, something which I would never do. Today some people came by and were taking pictures of another couple, and I happily moved a few feet without even being asked, to remove myself from their frame. But shut down my computer, pack up my notebooks that are sprawled about, put my laptop back in its case, untie my dog and and move for a pushy person who thinks she is entitled? I'll never do it again. I've also been paid for photography so I'm a professional photographer too, and I would never act entitled to a public place.
    hi wayne

sorry for my tone in my post,
    i didn't mean to suggest that what you were doing
    wasn't important, or that her work was more important than yours
    or that she was acting professionally ...
    but in the end, it was only a few minutes that you lost.

i hope you were able to finish what you were writing after
    you were allowed to sit down again. sometimes a short break
    gives the distance needed to find the right words &c
    back in the days i was writing long dense papers, i didn't have a laptop
    but papers, books xeroxes notes and junk spread out where i was camped out.
    i was asked to move once in a while, l left a notebook out and as i was packing up all my junk
    and moved to another place my mind was still digesting the stuff i was reading & thinking about
    so when i finally sat down and sprawled again, i had more notes to write &c.

not quite the same thing, i was a guest in another university's library borrowing space, not in a public space ...
    and it was a drag to collect my stuff and lug it somewhere else, but in the end it didn't really matter ...
    i liked to study/write where i was, and i knew that id be asked to move from time to time ...
    (and if i didn't comply i probably would have been asked to leave, and not return )

john

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin