Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,358   Online: 1173

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just use color film when needed. I do like the B&W photos posted above though. Inspires me.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Being an early riser it's easy for me to catch the first light. Although some may not consider these typical sunrise/sunset images they are examples of light situations only available at that time of day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spider rock.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	822.2 KB 
ID:	48261

Name:	pyramid.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	305.5 KB 
ID:	48262

Name:	Quinault rain forrest.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	212.5 KB 
ID:	48263

my first time including images in a thread ... hopefully it worked

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It did work but I should have put spaces between them. There are three separate images that can be enlarged by clicking each individually if desired.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyg View Post
    Being an early riser it's easy for me to catch the first light. Although some may not consider these typical sunrise/sunset images they are examples of light situations only available at that time of day.

my first time including images in a thread ... hopefully it worked

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/
    That canyon shot is really gorgeous.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thomas,

Thanks. How do you insert the "click bar to view..."

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyg View Post
    Thomas,

Thanks. How do you insert the "click bar to view..."

Jeff
    I have no idea. It just magically happened that way.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Don't drag the color along

So, a couple of weeks ago I camped in a very cold area (-10C plus strong winds), woke up to clear and cold, and hiked my 4x5 to the spot I wanted to capture a particular mountain and frozen water scene. This wasn't a sunrise, but might as well have been. Point is, I saw it in B&W, wanted it in B&W, shot it in B&W.

But, I also had some Velvia loaded up, in my pack. So I took a shot with Velvia too, while everything was still locked down and ready. Why not?

Developed the B&W, sent the Velvia to my local commercial processor. As soon as I had a dry negative, I spent hours and hours over 3 days perfecting my B&W vision. Finally got it right. (I'm on an assignment in China, don't have my darkroom, so I won't discuss how I perfected it, which is beside the point.) I did nothing but scan the Velvia. Nothing. To me it was just a snapshot. Moved me not one inch.

Showed the B&W to my wife. She said she liked it. Made me feel pretty good. (Got a bunch of compliments from others that saw it too. Lots of ooo's and ah's.) Then I showed my wife the Velvia shot. She said "I like this one better." Grrrrrrr...

I'm not even showing anyone else the color shot. And that's the last time I'll show anybody a color version of a B&W vision...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I knew there has to be a solution somewhere!

Steve.
    If the O.P's "vision" only sees sunrises and sunsets in terms of colour and making chocolate box images of it, and can't "see" it in monochrome, however simplistic my answer may seem on the face of it, what other practical options are they ?
    Last edited by benjiboy; 03-22-2012 at 08:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck94022 View Post
    So, a couple of weeks ago I camped in a very cold area (-10C plus strong winds), woke up to clear and cold, and hiked my 4x5 to the spot I wanted to capture a particular mountain and frozen water scene. This wasn't a sunrise, but might as well have been. Point is, I saw it in B&W, wanted it in B&W, shot it in B&W.

But, I also had some Velvia loaded up, in my pack. So I took a shot with Velvia too, while everything was still locked down and ready. Why not?

Developed the B&W, sent the Velvia to my local commercial processor. As soon as I had a dry negative, I spent hours and hours over 3 days perfecting my B&W vision. Finally got it right. (I'm on an assignment in China, don't have my darkroom, so I won't discuss how I perfected it, which is beside the point.) I did nothing but scan the Velvia. Nothing. To me it was just a snapshot. Moved me not one inch.

Showed the B&W to my wife. She said she liked it. Made me feel pretty good. (Got a bunch of compliments from others that saw it too. Lots of ooo's and ah's.) Then I showed my wife the Velvia shot. She said "I like this one better." Grrrrrrr...

I'm not even showing anyone else the color shot. And that's the last time I'll show anybody a color version of a B&W vision...
    Great story chuck94022!

This is exactly what I am worried about.

Jeff,

Beautiful shots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck94022 View Post
    Reminds me of a set of B & W prints I made of some waterfalls in Wales one summer. I showed my Sister:

"Oh, what nice scenery. It wouldn't it have looked lovely in colour!"
    Steve

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin