Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,053   Posts: 1,561,247   Online: 1063

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    I once had raw talent... but I burned it to charcoal with too high of an attitude setting. I settle for medium talent these days and am happy when it reaches medium well.

You should draw with that charcoal
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkroom317 View Post
    You should draw with that charcoal
    My charcoal is long gone.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I hate it when people think just because I tote around a Nikon F4 with a 50mm or a RZ67 that I'm some super rich photog from NYC. Then I tell them that I paid $350 for my RZ, then they see the results and they think I'm a liar.

I also hate it when my friend Cat thinks digital is sooooo much better then film because "ya know, you get all scratches and hairs on film" Oh the silly things blond girls say

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post
    I hate it when people think just because I tote around a Nikon F4 with a 50mm or a RZ67 that I'm some super rich photog from NYC. Then I tell them that I paid $350 for my RZ, then they see the results and they think I'm a liar.

I also hate it when my friend Cat thinks digital is sooooo much better then film because "ya know, you get all scratches and hairs on film" Oh the silly things blond girls say
    You're hanging around with the wrong people.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post
    Digicams get dust too! When they do, it's often worse than when a film camera gets dusty.
    Last year, when I worked at the photo studio in the mall, they had to clean their digicams every day. Cleaning a digicam is very touchy work. If you scratch the sensor, the entire camera is trashed.

Even cameras that have "automatic sensor cleaning" and "dust removal" dust is still a problem.
    Automatic sensor cleaning merely places a static electric charge across the sensor plane, causing the dust to be repelled from the surface. The dust doesn't go anywhere. It's still inside the camera, free to be attracted back to the sensor at any time. According to Murphy, usually the least convenient time.
    Dust removal programs don't remove the dust. They just cancel it out the way that dust removal from a scanner works. The data is stored in memory and used to digitally remove dust from the picture before it is stored. The problem is that data is altered and there is no way to see what your image really looked like before the computer inside the camera did its magic. That's why most digicams with dust removal programs have a way to either turn it off or clear the memory.

Further, if dust, dirt or smudges get on the lens, there's nothing that ANY camera can do to compensate. The lens must be removed from the camera and manually cleaned. When you remove the lens from the camera, guess what? The inside of the camera is exposed to dust.

Dust is a problem for all photographers. Digitographers just handle it differently.

I do concede, however, that spotting a photograph digitally, using Photoshop, is a whole lot faster than doing it by hand with a spotting brush!
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin