Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,571   Online: 1058

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Need Your help APUG

Hey guys,

So a couple of weeks ago I saw a great deal on film here in the Classified section. I contacted the seller, offered a price and mailed my Postal Money order for $20. He has been giving me the run around, and said last time that the package returned undeliverable. My apartment complex has big locked boxes for packages and the postal service will also give a post card if its still to big. I was checking the mail daily, so his story isn't adding up. I will post his email exchange, and I hope someway we can get a resolution. It's not a lot of money either, I upheld my end of the deal, I think I was doing the guy a favor by buying his expired film. Advice, a rag to cry with, or something useful requested.

Billy

Link to classified:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...20-bw-c41.html

Email exchange:
    Daniel,

What's the story? Did you scam me for $20 bucks? I didn't have to buy your film, I upheld my side of the deal. I think I have absolutely 100% fair and also communicated clearly as well. I need a response as to whats going on. I will be notifying the admins on Apug of this issue.

Billy
    Quote Originally Posted by dsk
    Quote Originally Posted by jesterthejedi
    Daniel,

will do! i printed a shipping label lol thats the address i dont have a clue why it would be undeliberable its even in one of their boxes!

Make sure you are using the correct address, in bold caps, nicely printed letters. Please follow through with me tomorrow if you sent it.

Thanks,
    [personal info deleted]

hey man I just got the film back undeliverable il send it again via usps tomorrow [personal info deleted] if you dont get it by saturday sorry I have no idea whats up

Hey Daniel,

Still waiting on the film, just want a confirmation it was sent.

Thanks
    Billy
    got the money order today! will ship in the morning

Hey Daniel,

Any update on the MO and film?

Thanks
    Billy
    Last edited by David A. Goldfarb; 04-07-2012 at 06:40 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Personal info deleted

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First I think it would be good to delete your address and his phone number from the message above. Have you tried calling him and talking about what is happening instead of playing email tag. You can also have the package delivered with confirmation to make sure it gets delivered or an attempted delivery was made.
    Last edited by CD55; 04-07-2012 at 06:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have nothing to hide, I have been waiting since Thursday for any response from him, yet he posted a new ad to sell stuff in the Classified section.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've taken the liberty of deleting the personal info from the first post. Even if you have nothing to hide, and your address is probably public information, it's not really such a great idea to expose it to search engines, and whatever your interaction with the other party, posting his phone number is in bad form.

Did you call him?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I sent him a text, and he said its on its way. No tracking number as its just regular post.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If it gets returned again, ask for a tracking number. The fee for delivery confirmation is nominal at the post office, and I think it's free if you use USPS.com.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In my area USPS is going through some serious changes.
    Personel cuts etc.

Your route may have had a sub so it's possible something happened especially at an apt complex.
    I wouldn't light the stakes just yet.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bruce,

Had no trouble getting any mail this whole 2 weeks, even ordered stuff of ebay and the likes, plus I live in a big complex, 500 units, so the mail guy is consistent. I know mistakes happen and I need to be a bit more patient but I am still concerned for the outcome. I used up the rest of my film waiting for his to arrive

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    talk to the person who delivers your mail, go to the post office
    and see if they can HOLD the package at the post office
    instead of trying to deliver it ...

of tell the guy who is shipping it, to write HOLD AT PO FOR PICK UP on the box

good luck !
    john

Shooter
    35mm RF
    What's the story? Did you scam me for $20 bucks? I didn't have to buy your film, I upheld my side of the deal. I think I have absolutely 100% fair and also communicated clearly as well. I need a response as to whats going on. I will be notifying the admins on Apug of this issue.

Is the above really how you started dialogue? If so it may have some bearing on the outcome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin