Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,936   Posts: 1,585,626   Online: 743

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The cruelty and jealousy and small-ness of mankind never ceases to amaze me...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    Please don't be so silly, if the man hadn't made a fortune his death wouldn't have rated more than a few lines. " Painter dies of alcoholism." There's what disgusts me about the whole deal, right there - He made a fortune, so his death is more of a tragedy than anyone who made less of a fortune. The media's representation of all the "happiness" he brought to others is crap, too.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If the man's work made people "feel good"... what more can one ask of his art? Others' "opinions" of one's work is meaningless when the artist gave so much "happiness" to so many.
    [snip]
    I recognize the happiness he spread to the populous and I'm not jealous of that
    I agree too, I am in no place to judge his work, his art is not my cup of tea either, but I do think he spread joy to some through his artwork, and for that he should be respected, reguardless if one likes his output (although his personal doings I don't comment on, ie, lawsuits, indecency, etc).

But that does bring to mind some thoughts, does one's personal actions affect the output? Pete Rose comes to mind (not sure that is the best example...see where I am going though?)
    Andy

Shooter
    Large Format
    i couldn't agree with you more ...

its just like the internet, isn't it ?
    miserable people critical of anyone who has any success ...

YAWN
    Last edited by jnanian; 04-14-2012 at 05:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    He was not an artist. He was an unethical hack who passed off his machine made copies the he wiped a little paint on and then sold them as though they were compete hand made paintings.

To mark his passing, I would like to pass the contents of my bladder on his grave, but even that would be bestowing too much honor on him.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    His work and beanie babies have a lot in common. Outside of the people who already own his work there won't be many others who buy it. In a decade the schlock will be worth almost nothing. I would rather have a velvet Elvis personally.

Heckling dead people is an honorable pastime.

Heckling them when they're alive is rude and may hurt their feelings.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't much care, and his "loved ones" are laughing all the way to the bank.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    His family cares...

Heckling dead people is not honorable.

Hack away, if you must, then live with your actions knowing that his family is hurting and may be seeing what you wrote.

He was more successful and probably better than any of us here but jealousy got the better of us.

I didn't care for his work either but gazillions of people did. These negative comments are just jealousy... nothing more.

If anyone here is so much better then prove it. Paint something and sell copies for huge profit. Yeah, I thought so...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    He was not an artist. He was an unethical hack who passed off his machine made copies the he wiped a little paint on and then sold them as though they were compete hand made paintings.

To mark his passing, I would like to pass the contents of my bladder on his grave, but even that would be bestowing too much honor on him.
    How do you really feel?

Old-n-Feeble: I agree with you except for the fact that I don't selling something for a huge profit is a mark of a good artist or anything else for that matter. Hell, I'll go sell weapons to some drug lords! There's gotta be good money in that.
    K.S. Klain

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin