Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,216   Posts: 1,532,123   Online: 1064

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Possibly quite true

Quote Originally Posted by sdotkling View Post
    Gotta admit, I love the financial bunko aspect of all this. Maybe it WAS art....a kind of performance art for the Wall Street rip-off goo-goo-fundamentalist anti-intellectual kitsch-swilling early 21st Century America-in-decline reality we all inhabit. Heck of a sentence, that.
    You sound like Mark Morford I get the feeling that Kinkade's art could be a cultural product of Wealth Ministries from the type of Joel Osteen. Wealth is to be worn like a cloak as an indicator of God's approval. The poor and the unsuccessful on the other hand are being punished. Am I way off here?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I'll respect the person if, and only if, I respect WHAT they did and HOW they did it. I respect neither in Kinkade's case. If "great success" is your benchmark, do you also respect the people who run drug cartels?
    Well said!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't do what he did either from the artistic aspect or the financial aspect. Can any of you critics best him? And, by the way, what are the critics' credentials here?

This absolutely looks like jealousy to me. As I stated before I didn't care for his work but he made many people happy and he became filthy rich for it.

Jealousy...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    I can't do what he did either from the artistic aspect or the financial aspect... can any of you? This absolutely looks like jealousy to me. Like I stated before... I didn't care for his work. But he made many people happy and he became filthy rich for it. Jealousy...
    Not jealously! Drug dealers make people happy and they come filthy rich! So you admire drug dealers too?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sirius... are you serious? What does drug dealing have to do with visual art? You're WAY off base.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's art critic Jerry Saltz on Kincades work.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/jerry...1958-2012.html

I can't do what he did either from the artistic aspect or the financial aspect. Can any of you critics best him? And, by the way, what are the critics' credentials here?

This absolutely looks like jealousy to me. As I stated before I didn't care for his work but he made many people happy and he became filthy rich for it.

Jealousy...
    You're starting to troll.

A number of us have explained our position and that has to do with his banal paintings, but mostly has to do with his assembly line work and his business practices.

Stating "jealous" in each of your posts, when that aspect has been explained to you is merely trolling for a reaction.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Quote Originally Posted by sdotkling View Post
    Gotta admit, I love the financial bunko aspect of all this. Maybe it WAS art....a kind of performance art for the Wall Street rip-off goo-goo-fundamentalist anti-intellectual kitsch-swilling early 21st Century America-in-decline reality we all inhabit. Heck of a sentence, that.
    I think you nailed it.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Jealousy...

Not that it means much but I am a senior art student. I look at and make art on a daily basis. I paint nearly every day.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    You're starting to troll.
    You nailed it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin