Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,261   Online: 825

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    I was trying to make a point. Why disrespect a person after they're dead? He had unprecedented success. How else should we interpret such hatred and disrespect?
    Michael Jackson also had unprecedented success. And look at all those young boys he made happy!

You throw a lot of words, such as "hatred" "happiness" "disrespect" and "jealousy" around in a manner that indicates that you don't really understand their meanings.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe enough has been said on this topic? I'm tempted to close it, so let's keep it civil.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I don't think hos business planned sucked, as was said here. The exact same model has been used by others, but for very different products. I think the reason most people do not like his business is because he is selling bad paintings, but having a popular product and marketing the hell out of it is fine, as far as I am concerned. I still think he was a terrible artist. Would we be as critical of him if his product was an electronic device or piece of software instead of paintings?
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    that would be Kinkade: "It's fuzzy, has dramatic light that makes no sense, and spouts dogmatic, 'uplifting' propaganda at every turn!".
    What wrong with opiate for the masses? Here's another opiate that doesn't claim to be art but way cheaper.

http://www.successories.com/?gclid=C...FakERQodYBLDkA

There's something that an antidote for the fake inspirational decorations.

http://despair.com/

The cost of art and who buys expensive art is indicative of who has the disposable income. A great movie showing excessive money and art is the movie Basquiat. When the economy booms, the oily art purveys come out of the wood work.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post
    Maybe enough has been said on this topic? I'm tempted to close it, so let's keep it civil.
    It went silly way upstream. I'd close it.

Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    It went silly way upstream. I'd close it.
    Or, stop reading it.

It will die on it's own.....they all do.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    If the thread offends someone, don't read it.
    +1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I started the thread and I think it's time to put it to rest. People have spoke their peace.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I won't disagree, but I'd like to hear other opinions on post 174. I see this stuff all day long and have long wondered who I should despise and/or envy and/or be jealous.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Those motivational posters make no claim to be anything other than what they are - disposable decor. And they're generally priced accordingly. And I have zero feelings toward the person(s) who invented them and made millions of dollars selling them. They're NOT art- they're pretty propaganda. If you want to envy someone, the successories people are far more enviable because what they did is at least honest. Nobody buys a "TEAMWORK" poster thinking that their grandkids will be able to retire on the sale of it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin