Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,695   Posts: 1,482,501   Online: 1006

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtan View Post

A shame about the trees being post-bloom this year.
    I haven't been to BBG since we left Brooklyn, but since everything blossomed so early this year up here, we wondered what would happen. They couldn't reschedule the events for the trees?

Shooter
    35mm
    I've never heard of the festival being rescheduled. The event is always the same weekend, rain or shine.

My guess would be that the BBG is confined to that time of the month, because many weddings are already scheduled well in advance for available slots; BBG's April weekends are probably booked with weddings and similar private events.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by R Paul View Post
    Then while I was wandering around I heard some geek in back of me say" oh he thinks he's a professional photographer with that camera".
    Just a minor point: a "geek" probably would have wanted to know more about your gear. The term you're looking for is "douchebag". It usually refers to a male, but there are exceptions, this being a textbook example.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Just a minor point: a "geek" probably would have wanted to know more about your gear. The term you're looking for is "douchebag". It usually refers to a male, but there are exceptions, this being a textbook example.

... and/or douche-canoe. Its like a douchebag, only its bigger thus holding more douche like information.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    ... and/or douche-canoe. Its like a douchebag, only its bigger thus holding more douche like information.
    Adding that one to the arsenal. Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by R Paul View Post
    Then while I was wandering around I heard some geek in back of me say" oh he thinks he's a professional photographer with that camera".
    This is why I carry fake business cards around with me. I print them myself on MGIV fiber. Much better than those horrible, soulless inkjet business cards.
    People just don't appreciate nuance in business cards these days...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "R Paul

That's why I go on weekdays, to avoid the tourists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I usually do go during the week when , the masses have thinned out,but this was a special event. Yes David that was me lugging the beast around, I didn't notice as I have get very close to see if it's a film camera with all the other kind dashing about . God I love the photos that camera takes -- it is my favorite of the bunch (RB-ProS, M645 1000s ,and a ME Super). Thing is it always takes me about a half hour to come up with an answer to snide remarks like that, and it doesn't help then. You also have to remember the 10-percent rule "Out of any group of people 10 percent of those are a-holes" I just found one of those is all. While I was there I did see a m645 with a CDS meter, and an F-series, and a case that looked like it held a rolliflex type camera . I had gone to the gardens about three weeks before and the trees were blooming,mostly the white variety, but I think the pinks had peaked. Must be the crazy weather.
    Thanks for the compliment Nick---I don't know about being serious, but sure takes something to want to carry a 20+ pound bag(with tripod) on subways around New York to take maybe 10-15 photos--I try to make each shot count. The RB pics came out ok, with maybe 4 a tad overexposed, as i was shooting into the sun. Cant wait for the stereos, I will run those today.

If I did start a pet photo business it would cater to two groups the first being young people with disposable income,photographing the dog as a surrogate child (and if they have a child or two I would try for a double sale). and the second being a group with their dogs getting along in years, so they could have something to cherish when the dog passes away

rob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin