Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,449   Online: 771
      
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Brian C. Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    495
    Blog Entries
    2
    Images
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbuzzclick View Post
    ... the first thing they do when they get it into their hands is wind on the shutter, or try to open the back. ...
    You just handed a gadget to gadget-intensive people. What do you do with a gadget? Fiddle with it! Put something into someone's hands and of course they will start messing with it. I don't mind with my view camera, because the film is in the holders.

  2. #12
    rjbuzzclick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    You just handed a gadget to gadget-intensive people. What do you do with a gadget? Fiddle with it! Put something into someone's hands and of course they will start messing with it.
    Good point, I hadn't thought of it this way. Personally, I'll give the rewind knob a twirl to see if there's film in a camera before opening it.

    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    Sometimes I'm with a group of people and I introduce my wife, they immediately take off her clothes and fondle her and other things and I think to myself, "that is kinda rude".
    Very funny! Maybe more than just a camera was "loaded" in this situation?
    Reid

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

    "If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,353
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbuzzclick View Post
    Good point, I hadn't thought of it this way. Personally, I'll give the rewind knob a twirl to see if there's film in a camera before opening it.
    Maybe just ask?

  4. #14
    rjbuzzclick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Maybe just ask?
    Of course. I should have stated that I was referring to situations where I come across a camera that hasn't been handed to me by someone, such as at a flea market, garage sale, thrift store, etc.
    Reid

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

    "If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,353
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbuzzclick View Post
    Of course. I should have stated that I was referring to situations where I come across a camera that hasn't been handed to me by someone, such as at a flea market, garage sale, thrift store, etc.
    In which case it's fair game.

  6. #16
    lxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Redlands, So. Calif.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,618
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    ALL THE TIME.

    Sometimes I'm with a group of people and I introduce my wife, they immediately take off her clothes and fondle her and other things and I think to myself, "that is kinda rude".

    I guess I'm funny that way.
    If she lets them do all that, there's for sure something funny about you!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

  7. #17
    Steve Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ryde, Isle of Wight
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    8,586
    Images
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    when i go to a photo store that has film and paper, i always open the boxes and sleeves of paper
    boxes of film ( and those annoying foil packets ) and sometimes pull some of the 35mm out of the cartridge.
    to make sure the film and paper are in there, before i buy it, i don't want to get ripped off.
    I try out every match in a box in the shop before I buy them!


    Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    local
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    16,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I try out every match in a box in the shop before I buy them!


    Steve.

    exactly,
    the last thing you want is a DUD.
    im empty, good luck

  9. #19
    lxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Redlands, So. Calif.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I try out every match in a box in the shop before I buy them!


    Steve.
    Not necessary. All you have to do is test one and look for all the others that are a match.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    51
    I noticed the same with one person, but i pronounced a loud "hey" and quickly and efficiently woke that person up from their object fondling trance state reminiscent of the infant years, with the mouth open and big wide eyes and stuff...

    Nobody ever handed me a film camera before though...maybe back in 2000 but i dont remember.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin