Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,967   Posts: 1,558,453   Online: 997

Shooter
    35mm

Doing The Right Thing.

Greetings,

With a few extra minutes on my hands and in need of a good laugh I thought I'd cruise Craigslist in search of a deal. To my amazement I stumbled across these two gems:

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/pho/3018379738.html

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/pho/3007305441.html

To good to be true....., probably... Being a bit smarter then the average I decided to check the completed auctions on Ebay, and guess what I found...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ISCO-ISCORAM...item3cc5dbdc24

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VOIGTLANDER-...item43af8deaf3

Hoping to same someone a possible bad situation I turned these into Craigslist Scam department 2 days ago. As of 3:50PM Saturday both items still listed.. I did my job, I wish they would do theirs. Someones life may depend on it..

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Man, craigslist scammers are getting sophisticated with their choice of scam products. These two are quite a niche product.

Shooter
    35mm
    On my local radio station website today. Not cameras but very well could have been.

Bill

http://www.wbal.com/article/90249/3/...igslist-Buyers

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    OT for sure but you never followed up on any of this up from your post below from 2 months ago. True? Speculative? Imagined? You never verified it with a URL for that "photo forum" you quoted--strange, indeed. Throw us a bone.

Kodak Comeback, Quick Read

Greetings,

From another photo forum, quite interesting! Posted today....

I just attended (last night) a SMPTE meeting of the Hollywood Chapter. The subject was "The Technology and History of Film, presented by Beverly Pasterczyk of Eastman Kodak Co." Ms. Pasterczyk is a chemist with film R & D at Kodak, and she mentioned that Kodak Research is currently engaged in the continuing design and implementation of new emulsions, such as the new version of the Vision III product.

Regarding consumer films, she said that they are considering restructuring a new approach aimed at producing these at a reasonable cost in much smaller volumes than in the past. She said that new technology will permit them to continue to produce these in "boutique quantities" using single coating machines rather than the huge multiple coaters of the past. She said that basically, as long as they had sufficient orders for a minimum of a single master roll "54 inches (almost 1-1/2 meters) wide by whatever length - no minimum stated", they would consider examining production in terms of the economics involved. Future production would primarily be on an "on demand" basis.

This would include the infrastructure for processing, probably at a single lab, either in Rochester NY, or sub-contracted.

"On demand" could conceivably include any film that Kodak has ever manufactured. Someone in the audience asked the inevitable question: "Including Kodachrome?" Her answer: "Yes, including Kodachrome". She added that while small runs of Kodachrome were unlikely, it was not out of the question, since they have had numerous inquiries.

To the question "How could this be made possible?" her answer was intriguing. "Volume is the answer. Consumer groups of large numbers of individuals could petition for the return of a specific film. This would include not only large companies, but also individuals banded together such as camera clubs, especially those with a large enough base such that they could collectively join on a national or even international basis".

Lots to think about.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    A high-end bike stealing ring was just busted. They used Craigslist to get names and contact info, then use Facebook or other ruses to help locate the sellers of the bikes. Then they go steal the bikes.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    A high-end bike stealing ring was just busted. They used Craigslist to get names and contact info, then use Facebook or other ruses to help locate the sellers of the bikes. Then they go steal the bikes.
    And people laugh at me when I tell them I will not put any personal info on my computer, much less the internet.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin