Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,492   Online: 799

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    In my opinion it would look much better printed normally, so why flip it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a creative call. I wouldn't do it if there's signage or any writing in the picture. As a matter of fact, when I shoot with my Mamiya RZ without my prison finder, I sometime flip my neg when I print it because that's how I saw the shot with my WL finder when I did the shot.

When flopping a negative, you are interfering with forces in the universe that you may not want to disturb. As you know there is a parallel universe that is co-existing with this one, and in that universe that boy actually went in that direction. Now you have made him go that direction in our universe as well.

Because of you, that boy and everything in that picture, has been forever doomed to live with only one choice in their life instead of many.

I hope you are ready for the consequences of playing God.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes... unless one is representing something "as it is in nature"... and even then it's okay, IMHO, provided one discloses that information.

Blansky is a doomsday Demigod... pay no attention to his warnings.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I don't worry too much about parallel universes. This science stuff is all hokum anyway. But, by taking the boys picture, you have stolen his soul, or at least part of it. Now he is doomed, not only in this world, but for all eternity. The damage has already been done. Print it how you wish.
    Last edited by Allen Friday; 05-22-2012 at 12:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    As you know there is a parallel universe that is co-existing with this one, and in that universe that boy actually went in that direction.
    And mr. Spock has a beard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Flipping side-to-side = OK.

Flipping top-to-bottom... not so much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lol I love how this thread evolved so quickly.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    Lol I love how this thread evolved so quickly.
    Time to devolve it.

Why is it OK to flip this negative (I can agree with this) but National Geographic catches hell for moving the pyramids a quarter inch? In a few second those camels would have accomplished the same thing.

Stay tuned for our next episode of 'What's the Big Deal?', (or 'Who's Calling the Shots?')

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Speaking of devolution, you may or may not be aware but by flopping the negative you have also messed with the sexuality of the person's involved.

A lefty is now a righty ( and I'm not talking handed).

The sexuality is called into question as the shirts and jackets are now buttoned on the wrong side.

Due to the depth of field the people in the back may not be affected, but sure as hell you just made that poor boy gay.

Or at the very least a cross dresser.

Actions have consequences.
    Last edited by blansky; 05-22-2012 at 01:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin