Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,929   Online: 811

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Why not?
    Because who knows?...people might start making blurry pictures on purpose!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    He's joking.
    Figured that out from the followup. I saw no reason to think that was so from the deadpan original comment, but apparently I'm pretty bad at picking up on such things.

Actually instead of flopping the negative, try turning the enlarger inside out. That way the image goes in the other direction but without all the other problems.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    Actually instead of flopping the negative, try turning the enlarger inside out. That way the image goes in the other direction but without all the other problems.
    Or just send the negative through a wormhole into our complementary universe, the negative made in that universe will automatically appear in ours.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Or just send the negative through a wormhole into our complementary universe, the negative made in that universe will automatically appear in ours.
    And it will get kind reviews rather than harsh criticism???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    And it will get kind reviews rather than harsh criticism???
    Depends.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by clay View Post
    cars with the steering column clearly visible, no one will be the wiser. ( yes, i know some countries have right-side steering, but if the photo's location is obvious from the context, it will look 'wrong'.)
    All cars without right side steering look wrong. Best comment I ever heard was from a S African tourist guide on our coach trip in that country: "For those of you from outside the U.K., Australia and N Zealand, we drive on the correct side of the road in S Africa, that is to say, the left side

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    recently I printed headshots of my sons and one of them was troubling me... something was 'wrong'. I took the 8x10 out and held it up next to him and immediately worked out I had printed it flipped...

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    I was once short of a slide of Portland prison for a show, so rather than drive 100+ miles for one shot I went a couple of miles up the road, photographed H.M.P. Dartmoor with no background to give the game away and projected it reversed for good measure. No-one was any the wiser and the slide remains in the show to this day.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige View Post
    recently I printed headshots of my sons and one of them was troubling me... something was 'wrong'. I took the 8x10 out and held it up next to him and immediately worked out I had printed it flipped...
    To him it probably looked more natural that way. We see ourselves reversed in the mirror all the time.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin