Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,233   Online: 1103

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmIs4Ever
    Are you saying that I'm strange? ;-) People think that shooting film is strange too.

~Karl
    Karl your no stranger than anyone else who sees the world through a viewfinder and at least it keeps you off the street

Quote Originally Posted by blansky
    I would bet that the art directors for fashion ads today are young people, targeting a young audience, and the sophistication of the past by an older creative team is long gone.
    Michael youth and the spirit of rebellion are wasted on the young Some good points well made, although again some of the "best" IMHO work(ed) alone with only a model and camera for company.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    The fact of the matter is haute couture is still around and photographed well by people like Avedon, Scavullo, Screbneski (sp?),

Michael
    Was photographed by Avedon and Scavullo - both are deceased. Skrebneski is retired.

Don Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    Was photographed by Avedon and Scavullo - both are deceased. Skrebneski is retired.

Don Bryant
    You're right, of course. I wrote that on a five year old computer.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    SNIP
    .... people today are far more casual in their appearance than back then. Many people go to work dressed in casual clothes, out to dinner etc where back in the 40s and 50s everyone made a point of wearing suits ....

Michael
    you can say that again!

the world is more casual, and back in the "the day" people made it a point to look good.

it seems that these days people make it a point to dress down, not up. i remember seeing photos of some holywood-types ( can't remember their names ) but they looked like they either rolled out of a grave, or they were a hobo doing the freight train hop ..

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian
    SNIP

you can say that again!

the world is more casual, and back in the "the day" people made it a point to look good.

it seems that these days people make it a point to dress down, not up. i remember seeing photos of some holywood-types ( can't remember their names ) but they looked like they either rolled out of a grave, or they were a hobo doing the freight train hop ..

I'm not exactly sure if this is true in other countries. The other day, my friend who lives in Switzerland criticized to me on american's fashion sense when he paid a visit. He tells me almost every other country he has visited, people always dress up. It is refreshing to know that there are still every-day people who care about their appearance and can maintain a unique fashion sense - even if it isn't entirely americans.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clogz
    Good picture....although I find the boots come out too big. Wrong lens?
    Boots can't come out too big

Fashion photography is NOT fading here in DK. We have a GREAT magazine called DANSK (means danish) which is almost as good as a photo book! They have fashion photo series consisting of 8-12 photos reproduced on very good paper. The photo are made by the greatest danish and european photographers (and some from other parts of the world).

Look at their site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You're right, of course. I wrote that on a five year old computer.
    Michael - does the same happend to prices when you order materials online

Morten - Nice link not all to my taste (that's the trouble with us photographers)but some very very nice ones LOL

Here in Totnes it's very laid back which in some ways is a shame, but if someone is on the street dressed up they really stand out. This thread made me realise that when I worked in cities (especially London) suits were taken for granted, here they can make males and females look wow.

The whole "casual Friday" thing that has metamorphisized into casual everyday is now a custom in a lot of countries.

This phenomenon started in the Silicon Valley back when the computer industry was in it's infancy. Hewlitt Packard asked their employees to come in on Fridays wearing casual work clothes so that everyone could pitch in and help in the shipping department. Friday was the main shipping day and in order to get the orders out they needed everyone's help.

Now it's everywhere. If you wear a suit any day of the week in the Silicon Valley you are picked up and driven to the border and sent on your way with a stern warning.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Now it's everywhere. If you wear a suit any day of the week in the Silicon Valley you are picked up and driven to the border and sent on your way with a stern warning.

Michael
    If I wear a tie at work (engineering firm) I'm asked where my job interview is...

Craig

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin