Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,630   Online: 894

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910
    Shooter
    35mm
    Maybe we could make our own direct positive paper and use it in view cameras.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    I'd give up photography in the sense of trying (and usually failing!) to produce results with any kind of aesthetic or artistic merit, but would probably stump up for a basic d%l camera for family events, holidays, etc.. However, I have such a huge stock of slides and negs that I could still have a lot of fun with, even if I had to go down the scanning route (though you only mention stopping film production, not paper!)
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve Roberts; 06-13-2012 at 03:25 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Sleep-induced typo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wouldn't be able to give up photography. I'm in love with photography, not a particular medium.

Shooter
    35mm
    No way I'd give up photography. I'd rather use digital and I'd probably try my luck with "alternative processes" like wet plate and cyanotypes that can be done with basic chemicals at home. But since film won't vanish from one day to the next, I'd rather spend all my savings on enough film and paper to last me a few years. Developer and fixer can easily be made, so that's not a problem, but building my own coating machine and making film is way beyond my engineering skills.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin