Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,573,004   Online: 848

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pstake View Post
    What does this mean, Ben?

I get the feeling you're referring a to a previous thread that I missed.
    It means that the original poster is afraid and seeking reassurance of the continuity of the future of film and processing and the continuing interest of upcoming generations in it.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    And is he part of a tube or a valve?
    You can tell which designation I would use from one of my links below. I expect you use the other one though.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    48, started photography at 17.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    47, started photography at 12.
    Regards
    Matias

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    72 ( at least a Bruce at 73 keeps me from being the oldest responding to this thread, thanks) started at 30.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, after a few days hiatus from a computer (in order to go to Connecticut to visit my 90 year old father for Fathers' Day) I must say without equivocation that I am rather impressed with the (almost) obsession with film.

And I am also pleased with the number of people at, or younger than, that critical age of 30-35. There really is something about analog that keeps one's interest. I consider it to be an undefined intimacy and understandability. Even though I do commit sacrilege by stating the treachery that, in theory, digital is superior in concept, I also state, just as vehemently, that the utter simplicity of the chemical process and the state of art of film technology today almost forces one, an objective, fair one, to venture into analog.

We will see as the years pass what actually happens, but I do believe that in my lifetime I will never be without materials to process film. And I do hope to reach 100 with ease. - David Lyga

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I turned 56 a couple of days ago.

I've been shooting film since I was 8 (and in darkrooms since I was 11).

Photography helps keep me young at heart!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was 18 when I got my first camera, a film camera. I don't think the word "digital" had even been invented back then! Many, many film cameras followed in the next 30+ years. Now 51 and absolutely no sign of the flame waning.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    I was 18 when I got my first camera, a film camera. I don't think the word "digital" had even been invented back then! Many, many film cameras followed in the next 30+ years. Now 51 and absolutely no sign of the flame waning.
    Here's an interesting Information Tech. history factoid for you... The Zuse Z3 was built in 1941. It was an electro-mechanical computer whose programs were stored in computer-readable form on... are you ready for this? 35mm film.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm 42. Got into photography around 11 or 12. Came back to film after a 10-year hiatus with numeric photography. I'm loving the dark side!
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin