Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,279   Posts: 1,534,855   Online: 799

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Darkroom music

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have such a variety of music in my media player that I just take to the darkroom when I'm going.
    If it's a leisurely print I'm making, classical (Beethoven, Handel etc) or prog rock (mainly Genesis and Pink Floyd) will do.
    If it's a "get the job done" feel I'm after, anything with a beat turned up loud, like Tiesto will be just fine too.
    Jacob

Canon AE-1 Program - Leica M6 - Mamiya-6 (folder) - Nikon FM2

psychfunk.wordpress.com
    huntersarenotcooks.tumblr.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just throw my ipod on random and go to town...everything from jazz, punk, rock, hip-hop, folk....sometimes I print in silence when I need 100% concentration. I know a Print Master that loves music, but can't listen to it in the darkroom because even as a background, it's "too distracting".

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    An unexpected side effect of building a heavily-insulated darkroom in an outbuilding is that I can turn the music up LOUD and it's still barely audible outside so it doesn't annoy the neighbours or my wife :-)

Normally the radio is tuned to either Planet Rock or BBC Radio 3. Looking forward to Proms season starting in a few days time. If it's CDs then I tend to favour nice long symphonies, Mahler a particular favourite, or prog rock concept albums. Something to accompany a nice long lith printing session.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I find Calexico quite soothing in the darkroom. I just have it jamming out of my cell phone in my pocket so that it doesn't overwhelm the whole space. I would really like to get a good stereo in there, but other things must be worked on first...
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I find Salmonella Dub works well except I have bad computer speakers in the darkroom; they have a horrible boomy (90Hz-resonant, high Q) woofer, and that's really bad for reggae. So usually it's Faith No More or Tool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Usually it's a dj set of deep house or minimal techno. Lately been working pretty frequently with Maceo Plex's recent Radio 1 Essential Mix.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blue Grass. Del Mccoury, Blue Highway,Peter Rowan and others

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wonder if it is good to have any distractions in the darkroom. We constantly see posts where people have reversed the order of developer and fixer or omitted a processing step. People think that they are good at multitasking when in reality they are not. I even read that one photographer had a TV in the darkroom with a red gel so he could watch it when making prints.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the older rock & roll like the Rolling Stones, Savoy Brown, etc.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    i dont usually listen to music when im in the darkroom because i find silence the best for such contemplative processes. but if i do, i listen to music which best reflects the mood i want my work to reflect. for example if im making prints of a holiday i play the same music that i listened to during that holiday - to bring out those memories more vividly or inspire the same emotions.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin