Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,303   Posts: 1,536,255   Online: 749

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Darkroom music

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Darkroom music

Is there a particular type of music you like to play in the darkroom? I am quite fond of "The best of Erik Satie", as I have never heard music that is more relaxing.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Is there a particular type of music you like to play in the darkroom? I am quite fond of "The best of Erik Satie", as I have never heard music that is more relaxing.
    been thinking about this today actually.

I LOVE opera - I am a huge romantic, BUT I have found, when working in the darkroom or making bromoil, I really enjoy listening to the piano concertos by Beethoven. Especiallt nr 4 and 5..

It's like it is pure - no "alternative motives" - no bull... Just the right amount of notes at all times...

(However, I find L. Cohen good for bromoil printing too!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I always have the Radio on, generally BBC Radio 6 Music, so you never really know what you are going to get. A Floyd track could easily be followed by some 70's disco or French accordion music.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    (However, I find L. Cohen good for bromoil printing too!)
    Ooooh L. Cohen; I love his stuff. Not sure I could listen to it too much in the dark room though, I'd end up selenium toning everything !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My metronome keeps very good rhythm...
    When my darkroom CD player worked I would often play lots of Delta Blues, early recordings from the 1920s and 1930s. It was just the right mood for me. I'll have to fix that CD player.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use to print my weddings listening to Bob Kerr's "Off The Record" on CBC Radio 2 back in the 80s and early 90s. He was very perceptive when it came to European Art music of the last few centuries. I learned a lot and became acquainted with many new composers by way of his programme. The time went so fast during those sessions.

http://www.bcradiohistory.com/Biographies/BobKerr.htm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Generally some sort of Asian or Native American flute music. I also play a lot Asian string music as well as more meditative music. I particularly enjoy the Native American flute music when I am working on stuff from New Mexico. So far I have found these to be the most relaxing. However, I did listen to a lot of blues, jazz and swing music in the painting studio this Spring. Maybe it will work as well in the darkroom.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Blind Boys of Alabama. Any deep delta, deep south gospel. Don't knock it till you try it...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band.Mainly two albums-Doc at the Radar Station or Bat Chain Puller.Makes time fly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I play pretty much any song by Rammstein when I am in printing or developing film (headphones + mp3 player).

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin