Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,822   Posts: 1,581,940   Online: 939

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    I've been in the reverse situation. A number of years ago when I was first an electronics student I produced these images http://www.tk.uklinux.net/pics.html and stuck them on the web. Six months later iD magazine (one of my favourite magazines at the time) reproduced very similar pictures. Looking at my server logs, I very much suspect the ideas came from me. I'm not claiming I was the first to do photos under UV light but in a way I was both annoyed and honoured that the images may have been inspired by mine and my model's work

Rio

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well believe it or not i have had the same problem with some of my work. Before i did photography i did theatricial and media make-up/wig making etc. Then i went on to do photography and i wanted to use my make-up in the scenes i created. My lecturer then took me to the library and got me out a book on Cindy Sherman. Her work was so similar to mine at the time. I was devastated!! The wierd thing about it is that I was also photographing dolls at the time as well-she does that too. She's taken all my ideas

I think that these days being orginal is few and far between. Although work has been done before-meanings may and probably will vary. Its still a new idea to you and orignal to you. I bet every photograph you've taken is similar to someones in the world. Photography is everywhere and there is always someone waiting to push the boundaries. Its working out how far those boundaries can be pushed. The photgoraphs that you are working on may be similar to this other photographer, I think you should use this and develop your ideas and photographs further.

I've gone off on one now. I could talk about this all night because I think this is a problem every photographer comes across- more than once.

Anyway - stay cool and keep photographing

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin