Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,542   Posts: 1,544,404   Online: 1029

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Marketing of all sorts is merely selling fantasy. If you are stupid enough to buy into it, without understanding it, that is your problem.[/QUOTE]

You're right. The thought that editors bother themselves with such things as ethics is a misnomer, believed only by those who have never worked on a newspaper or magazine. Their job is to sell as many copies of their product as they can, to beat the opposition. If "re-touching" an image will help to do that, then so be it. You could say that so far as the editorial world is concerned, the last shreds of ethics went flying out the window with the arrival of the first edition of Photoshop.

Any photographer who concerns himself with "ethics" these days will not last long in a profession consumed by celebrity worship. And it is the celebrities themselves, or more often their agents, who decide what pictures and even copy go into a publication. They call the tune, and you will only read what they want you to know.....Any editor who doesn't want to play ball, finds the "celebrity" in question is suddenly "not available" for interview.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    Fashion models exist on diet coke and cigarettes.

By the way, you forgot to mention heroin.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Fashion models exist on diet coke and cigarettes. They often are so thin they don't have a period. That is just the price they pay. Many have eating disorders.

Cameras add weight. That is a fact of life. Clothes look better on skinny models. They hang better and they flow better. Therefore models have to be 10 pounds less than they look in the ads. They are also often immature teenagers when they begin modeling so they don't even have women's bodies yet.

If anything they are as much a victim of the fashion/fantasy world as young girls/women looking at the ads. Oddly most models because of their body types are rather small chested. If girls/women are really trying to emulate them, why do so many women get breast implants so they can look like they're smuggling cantaloupes.

Marketing of all sorts is merely selling fantasy. If you are stupid enough to buy into it, without understanding it, that is your problem.
    Gee, just get dumped by Lara Stone?

Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Gee, just get dumped by Lara Stone?
    Yeah. She caught me messing around with Kate Upton.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah. She caught me messing around with Kate Upton.
    You dog, you.

Surprised you could get between her and that idiot savant, Terry Richardson.

Oh please.

He was busy in the other room with his new boyfriend the cat.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin