Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,866   Online: 838

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gallery posts

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi kent

i am not sure where you heard that negative scans are not allowed ..
    i am sure there are people here who wish that was true, as much as some people believe
    b/w photographs or color nudes at slot canyon be the only real photographic images allowed
    and be considered the only true photography ... but much to their disappointment,
    negative scans, slide scans, colorphotographs of crying clowns, and puppies and cats
    playing with geess, nearly everything else you can thing of are allowed in the gallery.
    as long as huge ps gymnastics are not done ...

looking forward to seeing your work here too ..

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Gallery can be a very intimidating place - for me anyway. The quality of the work is far beyond most of my efforts and so I've been reluctant but I'm game so I've uploaded my first image today. Hope you enjoy it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I first joined as a member in about 2004ish (I'll be able to tell when I see the date below my name when I post). I became a subscriber after seeing the thumbnails of gallery images on the side and wanted badly to see them bigger. I've learned so much in the last few years just by being able to view the other images. I believe way more people should subscribe, but I do know how fickle people can be on the web.
    I sorta like the open gallery weeks idea. If members can see the fantastic work in the gallery, they could realize the value in subscribing.
    Also, I think many look without posting on images because others already have and they don't have anything to add or because they don't think they can really make a quotable comment.

Shooter
    35mm
    I rarely post in the gallery because I edit my work pretty ruthlessly and I show very few images to others. Not that I'm saying what I have posted is exceptional... Anyway, I'm trying to break out of this and put some work out there. Even the images I have posted are usually more in the vein of "Hey, look what I did!" then actually trying to publish art for people to see... I have not had a real gallery show in over ten years for this exact reason, I can't decide what to show, or I'm afraid that it doesn't have anything to say.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    hi kent

i am not sure where you heard that negative scans are not allowed ..

looking forward to seeing your work here too ..

john

I tend to be pretty conservative with my CS5 work. As for b&w conversion, mine is done by Ilford. I'm a pretty eclectic outdoor photographer, but my specialty is shooting freight trains. I do it at night, using flash. I've been using my 1951 Rolleiflex with either Portra 400 or HP5 for that. I've been shooting trains at night for about six years now. This winter I'm breaking out the 4x5 to do it.

Kent in SD

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtO View Post
    The Gallery can be a very intimidating place - for me anyway. The quality of the work is far beyond most of my efforts and so I've been reluctant but I'm game so I've uploaded my first image today. Hope you enjoy it.
    That's a solid effort ArtO! You're in up to your neck now; there's no going back.

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I alter images to match the prints or slides. Nothing more that I can do on-easel.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I looked Art, and I like it.

You should consider adding it to the submissions in the current Monthly Shooting Assignment ("MSA"): "Between Sharp and Unsharp"

Here is the current thread: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum195/...p-unsharp.html

You can accomplish the submission by just moving the shot to the appropriate MSA Gallery - the edit function allows for that.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Gallery can be a very intimidating place - for me anyway. The quality of the work is far beyond most of my efforts and so I've been reluctant .
    You ain't the only one. I've uploaded my share, but each time I submit I have to remind myself that everyone starts somewhere!

I'm typically not intimidated on other forums, but this one is terribly intimidating.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    You ain't the only one. I've uploaded my share, but each time I submit I have to remind myself that everyone starts somewhere!

I'm typically not intimidated on other forums, but this one is terribly intimidating.
    Christopher, I'm terribly hurt.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin