Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,317   Online: 947

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gallery posts

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Christopher, I'm terribly hurt.

With the exception of you Mr. King! You've been a great go to person when I have questions!

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't have a scanner. And I'm not a subscriber--I honestly can't afford it at this time.

Plus I have an anxiety disorder, I don't show my work to anyone. I most likely will burn all of my photos eventually.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    With the exception of you Mr. King! You've been a great go to person when I have questions!
    In my experience, I'm just one of many here on APUG who are happy to help others.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I let me subscription lapse some time ago: fading interest and lack of time for photography, compounded by a house move and no darkroom meant I wasn't spending much time here or contributing to the forum.

By coincidence, I subscribed again a few days ago. Feeling inspired a lot more this year, getting comfortable in a new (well 9 months old now) darkroom, and thanks to a generous donation of paper spending a lot of time refining technique and experimenting without financial constraints.

I've just uploaded my first gallery contribution since Nov 2009. The only one of my prints that's ever been on display in a gallery!

Glad to have gallery access again, for inspiration and pure browsing enjoyment of others work.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I joined in 2009 almost directly with a subscription, and by posting photos in the gallery. For quite a while I used the gallery much more than the forum, and still it is almost more important for me than the forum.

Not only the images are of high quality (which makes me think always twice until I decide to load up my own images, if they can keep up at least to some extent with this quality) but also the comments are in my opinion generally much more serious and useful for improving oneself than in other internet photo galleries - and critique is always formulated carefully and constructive.

It may be that this high comment quality in the gallery is also due to the required subscription. So it might useful if a "free trial gallery access" would be limited to viewing images and comments - but writing comments still require a subscription.

Heinz

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I probably post too many images, but sometimes I get comments about aspects of the image that I had never noticed and find this interesting.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    In my experience, I'm just one of many here on APUG who are happy to help others.
    Which can be a tough job, when some folks just want to hear a certain answer, or aren't prepared for something that will be difficult to do. But I think you're one of the most level headed and diplomatic ones on here, Matt. Always a pleasure to read your posts.
    Last edited by Thomas Bertilsson; 08-09-2012 at 07:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan160 View Post
    I let me subscription lapse some time ago: fading interest and lack of time for photography, compounded by a house move and no darkroom meant I wasn't spending much time here or contributing to the forum.

By coincidence, I subscribed again a few days ago. Feeling inspired a lot more this year, getting comfortable in a new (well 9 months old now) darkroom, and thanks to a generous donation of paper spending a lot of time refining technique and experimenting without financial constraints.

I've just uploaded my first gallery contribution since Nov 2009. The only one of my prints that's ever been on display in a gallery!

Glad to have gallery access again, for inspiration and pure browsing enjoyment of others work.

Ian
    Good for you. I'll go have a look now.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    But I think you're one of the most level headed and diplomatic ones on here, Matt. Always a pleasure to read your posts.
    Agreed!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin