Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,008   Online: 749

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Gallery posts

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I probably post too many images, but sometimes I get comments about aspects of the image that I had never noticed and find this interesting.
    Nahhhh, a new Clive is always an inspiration to me!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I became a subscriber here specifically because I wanted access to the gallery, although I've remained a subscriber for many other reasons. I upload images to the gallery specifically because it is subscriber-only access. If it was open to the public with no restrictions, I would remove all of my gallery uploads immediately and permanently.

I realize I may be in the minority here, but I thought it was important to say it.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    wrt galleries and subscription, I would suggest that the Gallery should be free for Members to view but not post to. They can see what they're missing out on - I contend that the primary purpose of the gallery is to give people exposure, not for them to find others' photos. But then, I don't see the gallery as a huge drawcard of APUG anyway - anyone can get good free image hosting from a number of other sites and get way more views than here.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose
    I became a subscriber here specifically because I wanted access to the gallery, although I've remained a subscriber for many other reasons. I upload images to the gallery specifically because it is subscriber-only access. If it was open to the public with no restrictions, I would remove all of my gallery uploads immediately and permanently.

I realize I may be in the minority here, but I thought it was important to say it.
    I don't understand this at all. To me, subscribers are the public. There is nothing exclusive about being a subscriber and you're not gaining any level of privacy by restricting your photos to this particular group of people.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i like the subscriber only gallery. it gives me a sense of security that some googlespyderbot isn't going
    to harvest all my images and plaster them places i don't want them. there is a sense of trust i have for subscribers
    that they won't do the same thing. i don't trust many places on the WWW as i trust sean and his crew ...

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Hey John,
    I'd like to see what some of the people posting about the Olympic paper negs would say about some of your stuff...

LOL

the funnything is i have been making photographs like the oluympuc guy for a long time, i its like my status quo
    now ... if i posted normal-stuff, like his color portraits, i think that would flip a wig or two.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    LOL

the funnything is i have been making photographs like the oluympuc guy for a long time, i its like my status quo
    now ... if i posted normal-stuff, like his color portraits, i think that would flip a wig or two.
    John- You know I'm a fan of your work... I consider you an image-maker, rather than a photographer. I hope that's OK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    John- You know I'm a fan of your work... I consider you an image-maker, rather than a photographer. I hope that's OK.
    thats OK by me

just do me a favor ... if i get high on my horse, throw a big rock at me ...
    the last thing i would ever want to be is a close minded opinionated dolt

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    We could do an "open week" every couple months maybe. Might be an interesting experiment. The gallery could have a notice at the top stating it is open to all for the week and "click here to subscribe and continue your access"
    Idea: (don't know whether I have suggested before...)

Many images in here are of high quality. People swap images..

But what if you made an auction on donated images from subscribers who might want to help?

If it was me, (an image by me) then let the auction run - the winner pays directly to Apug and then I'll ship my image to where ever....

I'd be happy to donate some images... ( even though they would proberly don't go for much..;-))

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've bit the bullet and posted a few images. My problem is that I like my photographs to stand together to form some kind of consistent concern, but my approaches change every time I load a roll of film! Hence, I don't even have 10 images that really mean something to me. I'm almost editing while I'm shooting as well, which is a real problem. One of these days I'll pick up my camera and throw all caution to the wind.

It's getting to the point where I'm seeking to justify why I photograph and come to a conclusion as to whether it's actually a healthy 'addiction'. Can you ever be sure? I suppose sharing your work at any stage works to provide this meaning. Taking photographs merely for yourself and hoping this alone holds some justification can be dangerous for the psyche.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    Well, I know I just about flipped my wig when that Shell sign popped up.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin