Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,524   Online: 1027

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Healthy view of photographic technologies

I've admired Michael Kenna for over 30 years. I saw him speak at my Alma Mater CSU Sacramento. Here's an interview from a Japanse website.

http://procameraman.jp/Interview/ove...7.html#English

Here's an excerpt.

"Q. Are You Afraid That You Might not be ABLE to Get Films and Chemicals in Few years?

When That Happens, I Will Deal with it. I CONSIDER my health to be FAR more Important than the Changing Technology of Photography. It's just the way it is. And if I Have to Learn digital then Surely I Can and Will. "

He was called himself as an "Old dog" when it comes to cameras and film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for posting, an interesting read. Kenna comes across as smart, thoughtful and grounded in his approach to life and art.
    His books 'Calais Lace' and 'Impossible to forget' are amongst my treasured possessions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the read. Kenna is my favorite photographer and he seems to be a very grounded individual. Wish I had had the funds to buy even just one of his prints!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Me too! I love looking at his art at the Wertz gallery in San Francisco. Glad looking is still free!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting read. He certainly has discovered his style and is very comfortable with what he is doing. Thanks for the post.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin