Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,719   Posts: 1,483,128   Online: 1223
      
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 511
  1. #61

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,154
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I can deal with that. What I can't deal with is when Oxford declares their time to be 15 minutes after London.
    But it is.

  2. #62
    benjiboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.K.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,421
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I can deal with that. What I can't deal with is when Oxford declares their time to be 15 minutes after London.
    Oxford is around 1degree 15 minutes west of the 0 meridian of longitude which is at Greenwich (i.e. Greenwich Mean Time) and for each 1degree west of the meridian the time is + 15 minutes in navigation terms if you are using a sextant, but since the U.K. uses G.M.T. for the whole of the country the time in Oxford is actually the same as London.
    Ben

  3. #63
    Thomas Bertilsson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    13,985
    Images
    279
    I just shoot 5x7 instead. Problem solved.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

    "Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

    "...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I just shoot 5x7 instead. Problem solved.
    You mean 7x5, right?

  5. #65
    Thomas Bertilsson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    13,985
    Images
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    You mean 7x5, right?
    I've never heard it referred to as anything but 5x7. Until now, that is...
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

    "Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

    "...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

  6. #66
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    22,715
    Images
    65
    According to Inspector Lewis and Sgt. Hathaway, there is one murder in Oxford each week during the new series airing on TV. Wonder what those students are up to? In the US, before time zones, travellers used to set their watches based on the conductors announcements, as they moved east or west.

    Consider bonnet and hood. A bonnet is removable and a hood is attached. So, which is the best definition for a car?

    PE

  7. #67
    Thomas Bertilsson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    13,985
    Images
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Consider bonnet and hood. A bonnet is removable and a hood is attached. So, which is the best definition for a car?

    PE
    If you want to get to the engine, it has to be removable. If you wish to drive your car at speed, it's best if it's attached.

    How about a bonood? Or a hoonet?
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

    "Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

    "...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,793
    Ben, Doesn't Great Tom still peal at 9:05 PM instead of 9?

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    According to Inspector Lewis and Sgt. Hathaway, there is one murder in Oxford each week during the new series airing on TV. Wonder what those students are up to? In the US, before time zones, travellers used to set their watches based on the conductors announcements, as they moved east or west.

    Consider bonnet and hood. A bonnet is removable and a hood is attached. So, which is the best definition for a car?

    PE
    In the US, (and the rest of the world) each town set it's clocks according to the true local time, usually ascertained by the suns' zenith.

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    If you want to get to the engine, it has to be removable. If you wish to drive your car at speed, it's best if it's attached.

    How about a bonood? Or a hoonet?
    What if the engine is in the middle?



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin