Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,706   Online: 800

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lomography makes musical instruments and turntables?
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    Lomography makes musical instruments and turntables?
    Not that I am aware of. But hipsters love vinyl, valves and left-wing values. And Holgas.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think their intention was to find out if people using Lomography just have something against digital, progress, modernity, etc. or if they love analogue photography while loving digital technology and progress in general.

Said in other terms, if film photography is just a pose or the result of some mental trouble or if it stems from an interest in analogue photography materials.

I answered sincerely to all questions and in fact I think I love digital, technology, wireless communication, internet, TV, etc. a lot. I just happen to prefer analogue photography over digital one. And I prefer CDs over vinyl.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry, they lost me with the "Piggy Points"...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    The piggy points and some other stinking brown stuff related only to subscribers to some internet site of Lomography. Having answered I don't have a Lomography camera I safely jumped over the questions to a satisfying end of the survey, where you also have to say if kissing is better than the internet or reading books, and if you would rather give up forever board games or video games. You get the general level...

It was tough, but I did it for analogue photography's sake. If we help those guys to stay afloat, they will help us having film. See this as a service to the community... be a real man, go back and take the survey
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Answered it. And realized how much I value analogue over digital. But not that big surprise, I love listening to vinyls and the "analogue way" -- having done the digital thing and computers since my first years of childhood I really think I have had enough.

So while my values on ethical issues aren't left wing nor do I want to take fuzzy lomo photos, nor do I own any iProducts made by Apple, I guess there is after all some hipster in me...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ya... even though I have a Holga, (and vinyl, valves and left-wing values) I passed on the survey.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    I can't say I have much patience for this analogue/digital dichotomy in which analogue is slathered with hipster smugness and the self-congratulatory "keeping it real" attitude that's supposed to accompany all analogue experiences while all things digital are relegated to some sort of consumer's purgatory. But then again, I can't stand plastic cameras and their art-in-a-bottle, wabi-sabi b.s. that this company is attempting to trade on. A dumb marketing scheme that most apuggers will see right through. Why not become a sponser, put up ads and leave the forums for genuine concerns and comments?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I tried to take it (twice) but since some of the questions, like Moose said, are so black and white and don't have a N/A, I couldn't reasonably take the survey. There were too many assumptions, and vagueness, for eg, do you print your images, I didn't know if it was talking about darkroom or mini lab/desk jet, and that uncertaintity left me not able to continue.

However, I do wish Lomo the best in all of their endeavors, as any company that promotes film use and gets folks shooting is A1 in my book...
    Andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin